Misconduct, Poor Performance and Grievances
“They were really responsive, got to know the fabric of our organisation and gave solid timely advice”
Chambers UK 2017
The team regularly advises on misconduct and the management of poor performance issues. We understand that such processes can be diverting and time consuming for a business and work in close partnership with our clients to provide template letters, advice on procedures, script templates for key meetings and draft outcome letters where required.
We also understand when such processes can become complex with the introduction of grievances and can guide the business on how to ‘keep on track’ without being diverted.
We have a great depth of experience in managing grievances including multiple grievances and managing employee relations, advising on personnel to manage investigations and grievance hearing and when to instruct a third party to assist with the management of the process.
Frequently discrimination and whistleblowing issues arise in grievance and disciplinary processes and we are adept at dealing with such matters.
Examples of our work:
- Acting for a household name retail sports company; advising in relation to managing routine lateness for work.
- Acting for an equity brokerage Firm; advising in relation to disciplinary proceedings concerning allegations of knowingly providing inaccurate figures to brokers.
- Acting for a large claims recovery specialist; advising in relation to the performance management of sales staff who were consistently failing to meet billing budgets.
- Acting for a global mobile telephone network; advising in relation to a grievance raised by Senior Counsel in relation to pay and raising whistleblowing concerns.
- Assisting global mobile telephone network in managing serial grievances by one individual and numerous grievances raised by members of the senior management team. Advise including process and review of outcome letters; managed successfully resulting in no claims.
- Advising nationwide property development company in defence of serial claims before the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeals Tribunal issued by disgruntled former employee dismissed following misconduct allegations.
- Advising loss assessors on diversionary grievances raised by employee facing disciplinary allegations. Successfully managed process to ultimate employee exit.
- Advising on line betting company on grievances raised by two employees which included whistleblowing and disability discrimination allegations in regulated industry.
- Advising firm of accounts on disciplinary issues arising from a breakdown in the working relationship between two members of staff raising multiple cross-grievances against each other, paralysing the work in the department. Resulting in appropriate resolution and no claims arising.
Contact our Employment Team
telephone: 020 7691 4000
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is really a very dynamic professional team of people extremely serious and dedicated.
The Legal 500 2023