The Global talent visa was introduced to attract leaders, or those with the potential to become leaders, in the fields of certain disciplines. The disciplines that are covered are:
- Arts and culture (including architecture, fashion design, and film and television);
- Digital technology; and
- Science, engineering, humanities and medicine.
This is a highly attractive immigration category for a number of reasons. Firstly, the visa is non-sponsored – applicants are instead “endorsed” by an approved Home Office endorsing body or have been issued with a prestigious prize. This visa category leads to ILR after 3 years continuous residence, except those with an Exceptional Promise endorsement from either the Arts Council or Tech Nation.
Global Talent applications have two stages to them; the first application (called Stage 1) includes making an application to the endorsing body for an endorsement. Once granted, an individual then makes their application for entry clearance or leave to remain (called Stage 2).
If you would like more information on the eligibility criteria for the discipline most appropriate to you then please do not hesitate to contact our Immigration team. Our Immigration team have assisted many individuals with a Global Talent visa (both Exceptional Talent and Exceptional Promise) – standout cases include a well-recognised actress and a prominent African musician.
We provide services for individuals:
We provide services for businesses:
- Immigration: Overview
- Bespoke audit services in preparation for UKVI Compliance visit
- Business Visit Visas
- Global Business Mobility visa
- Innovator Visas
- Investor Visas
- Representation against downgrading/suspension/revocation of a Sponsor Licence
- Representation at UKVI Compliance visits
- Skilled Worker Visas
- Sole Representative of an Overseas Business Visa
- Sponsor Licensing for Employers
- Start-up Visas
- Temporary Worker Visas (Creative)