Succession planning differs greatly between jurisdictions and we offer estate planning advice to international clients and families who have connections in multiple jurisdictions.
In this respect, trusts are hugely useful for efficient wealth and succession planning if they are properly set up and administered. They are a classic common law tool to preserve economic benefit with trustees remaining in control.
Not only do we work with a broad range of clients, including professional and individual trustees, banks and beneficiaries regarding the establishment and running of trusts in the UK, we also have a wealth of experience regarding other similar vehicles in other jurisdictions, including foundations and family companies.
We also appreciate the range of challenges that can face individuals involved in running a family business, including legal, business and personal issues. We advise on the appropriateness of Family Constitutions and assist our clients with appropriate family governance structures.
Unfortunately, sometimes families face disputes and we have experience in advising on multi-national, multi-generational and more straightforward family disagreements.
- Handling a series of ongoing trusts for a wealthy Middle Eastern family
- Planning with excluded property trusts for UK non-domiciliaries
- Advising trustees of UK trusts, including dealing with application for variation of those trusts
- Advising an international family on the establishment and ongoing administration of a significant trust involving complex UK and US tax issues
- Acting for a high net-worth-family in establishing a family governance structure, including a family company, charitable foundation and a number of family trusts
Press Releases - 30/11/2017
Alison Broadberry retains listing within 50 Most Influential
Events - Tuesday 14 November 2017
Nick Giles to speak at the Citywealth WP club for senior wea...
Press Releases - 04/10/2017
Three Edwin Coe partners featured in Citywealth Leaders List...
Press Releases - 15/09/2017
Edwin Coe Private Client team retains ranking in Chambers Hi...
Press Coverage - 16/08/2017
Alison Broadberry shortlisted for Inspirational Woman of the...
Blog - 05/07/2017
The buy-to-let burden continues: additional rules to apply to private ...
Events - 07/06/2017 - 15/06/2017
Family Wealth Planning Breakfast Briefing – June 2017
Press Releases - 27/03/2017
Edwin Coe named a top Private Client law firm by eprivatecli...