Edwin Coe is widely recognised for its expertise in the corporate transaction and private equity arenas where its focus is primarily on the mid-market sector.
Our clients range from private equity funds and multinational companies to entrepreneurs, management teams, investee companies, family offices and high-net-worth individuals. The breadth of experience this brings enables us to understand the key commercial issues that drive transactions and to help devise appropriate and pragmatic solutions to issues that arise.
Where necessary we are able to call upon the knowledge and expertise of lawyers working in other areas within the firm, such as banking, property, employment, intellectual property and IT to provide assistance and advice required to ensure all facets of a transaction are fully addressed.
The firm often acts for investee companies from the initial investment through subsequent investments rounds and ultimate exits.
Through our close links with firms throughout Europe via our Ally Law network and our links to firms in the rest of the world, we are capable of and experienced in handling deals with multi-jurisdictional dimensions
We are well experienced in advising on all aspects and types of private equity investments and transactions including:
- Management buy and secondary buy outs
- Venture capital
- Start-up investments
- Development capital investments
- Employee share schemes
- Trade sales
Examples of work which we have undertaken in this area include:
- Acting for management of Small World Financial Services Limited on investment by MMC Ventures.
- Acting for investor and lender on subscription of convertible loan stock in Cyden Limited.
- Acting for Forum Partners on sale of Crown Mortgage Management to Capita
- Examples for Group reorganisation and share capital reconstructions
The team provides advice that is underpinned by good commercial rationale.
Legal 500 2014
Edwin Coe LLP combines solid knowledge with a practical approach.
Legal 500 2010