We advise clients how to protect and exploit their brands.
We work closely with clients to appreciate the nature of their businesses in order to achieve their goals in protecting and exploiting their brands effectively and efficiently. Our work includes: filing trade mark and design applications worldwide and prosecuting such applications through to registration; ensuring the appropriate agreements are in place to exploit the brand; helping to prevent counterfeit goods from entering the marketplace through the recordal of intellectual property rights with relevant custom authorities, and where appropriate training customs authorities to recognise counterfeits.
Most of our IP specialists have extensive experience in litigating IP rights, and this experience affords not only an in-depth knowledge of the extent of the law but also an exceptional degree of pragmatism when dealing with day-to- day matters.
- Advising on and managing numerous international trade mark portfolios including in the media and entertainment, fashion and beauty, food and drink, electronics, arts and crafts and motor vehicles sectors
- Conducting clearance searches and clearing the shape of the packaging of a beauty product and advising on the rebrand of the company on a worldwide basis
- Working with customs offices in the EU and in the Far East to monitor and ensure counterfeits are seized and action is taken against infringers
- Setting up an internet knockdown programme for a children’s entertainment brand to ensure counterfeit products are removed expeditiously from internet service providers’ websites
- Implementing watch services for our clients to protect against similar third party trade mark applications, domain names and company names and taking enforcement actions as appropriate
- Advising clients on possible infringements and taking appropriate enforcement action
- Drafting and reviewing licenses, assignments, distribution and franchising agreements
They understand our particular requirements, offer an excellent service and are very good at relationship management. ...
Chambers UK 2015
Spot-on in the advice they give, and they provide a definite direction for us to follow rather than sitting on the fence...
Chambers UK 2015
Events - 13/06/2018 - 15/06/2018
Edwin Coe attends the ECTA 37th Annual Conference
Blog - 23/04/2018
Don’t forget the right to be forgotten… (and its nothing to do wit...
Blog - 18/04/2018
The General Data Protection Regulation – not just a European problem...