Edwin Coe’s multidisciplinary healthcare team provides practical, expert advice to residential care providers, whether single site businesses or care home operators with multi-site portfolios. Our specialist teams can support healthcare businesses by advising on all aspects of the transaction from corporate and commercial to real estate, planning and construction, to employment and staff management matters as well as immigration issues, IP and debt finance.
We represent residential care providers in
– Joint ventures and re-organisations
– Real estate and property management aspects
– Employment and staff management matters
– Immigration issues such as securing a Sponsor Licence and obtaining a Skilled Worker (Health and Care) visa for EU and non-EU nationals
– GDPR, brand protection and where necessary, dispute resolution
Our Property team provides a comprehensive partner-led service covering all aspects of real estate ownership and use, portfolio management, property development, environmental and construction law, real estate financing and the resolution of real estate and construction disputes.
Our Corporate team focuses on advising SMEs and entrepreneurs in key sectors on all aspects of public and private M&A and private equity investment, as well as fundraisings and equity capital markets transactions, from flotations and secondary offerings to reverse takeovers in the UK’s quoted markets.
Our Immigration team can assist care providers with obtaining a Sponsor Licence, which is the first step in sponsoring foreign workers.
We believe that the key to providing a high quality service is developing an in-depth understanding of clients’ needs and priorities to ensure that we deliver timely and commercial legal advice, which meets clients’ objectives.
We are proud to provide high-quality, tailored advice that puts your best interests first.
- Advising on the £21 million acquisition of portfolio of companies owning and operating six residential care homes in England and Scotland including acting on corporate, real estate, IP, debt-finance and employment issues
- Advising Churchgate Estates on the £55 million sale of a portfolio of five operating care homes to a leading US real estate investment trust
- Advising Bolt Asset Management, the care home operator on a £7.5 million strategic acquisition of three care homes and the underlying operating businesses
- Advising on the complex corporate acquisition of a social housing provider, which involved the sale and lease back of properties with a large private equity investor
- Advising a care home developer on a professional negligence claim against its solicitors who had failed to advise on the existence of a restrictive covenant preventing any development of a plot of land which the claimant purchased
- Advising a care home operator in a complex dispute with its insurance brokers involving the insolvency of its insurers followed 14 days later by a flood which caused £2 million damage
- Successfully obtaining a Sponsor Licence for a care home provider with multiple sites across the UK. Thereafter obtaining a Skilled Worker/Health and Care Worker visa for several EU and non-EU nationals, allowing them to legally work for the care home provider in the UK
- Advising on the disposal of a healthcare operator for £19 million which included advising on corporate, debt-restructuring, real estate, employment, immigration, tax and IP.
Edwin Coe LLP combines solid knowledge with a practical approach.
Legal 500 2011
A go-to firm that is accessible and cares for the client.
Legal 500 2010