Sadly not all of us can prepare for the time when we are unable to make decisions for ourselves as a sudden change in personal circumstances can be out of our control. Also, despite our best intentions to cover every possible scenario in the future when we are older, changes may need to be made when we no longer have capacity and there are long term care issues or other financial considerations which need addressing. Clients also often find themselves in a position where they need assistance with a close family member or friend who has mental capacity issues.
We offer a wide range of services for our elderly and vulnerable clients and our dedicated team are happy to meet clients in our offices, in their own homes or in hospitals or care homes if the need arises.
Legal aspects we cover are as follows:-
- Advising attorneys and deputies on their rights and responsibilities
- Applications for deputyship orders
- Advising on and applying to the Court of Protection for orders including large lifetime gifts and statutory wills
- Acting as attorneys and deputies and dealing with the day-to-day administration of the property and financial affairs of a client
- Advising on and preparing wills and trusts for vulnerable dependants.
The team undertakes difficult and sensitive work for the full range of private clients with quiet competence and dedicat...
Legal 500 UK 2023