Sadly not all of us can prepare for the time when we are unable to make decisions for ourselves as a sudden change in personal circumstances can be out of our control. Also, despite our best intentions to cover every possible scenario in the future when we are older, changes may need to be made when we no longer have capacity and there are long term care issues or other financial considerations which need addressing. Clients also often find themselves in a position where they need assistance with a close family member or friend who has mental capacity issues.
We offer a wide range of services for our elderly and vulnerable clients and our dedicated team are happy to meet clients in our offices, in their own homes or in hospitals or care homes if the need arises.
Legal aspects we cover are as follows:-
- Advising attorneys and deputies on their rights and responsibilities
- Applications for deputyship orders
- Advising on and applying to the Court of Protection for orders including large lifetime gifts and statutory wills
- Acting as attorneys and deputies and dealing with the day-to-day administration of the property and financial affairs of a client
- Advising on and preparing wills and trusts for vulnerable dependants.
Nick Giles is sympathetic to the client’s needs.
Legal 500 2013 (Private Client)
Press Releases - 30/11/2017
Alison Broadberry retains listing within 50 Most Influential
Events - Tuesday 14 November 2017
Nick Giles to speak at the Citywealth WP club for senior wea...
Press Releases - 04/10/2017
Three Edwin Coe partners featured in Citywealth Leaders List...
Press Releases - 15/09/2017
Edwin Coe Private Client team retains ranking in Chambers Hi...
Press Coverage - 16/08/2017
Alison Broadberry shortlisted for Inspirational Woman of the...
Blog - 05/07/2017
The buy-to-let burden continues: additional rules to apply to private ...
Events - 07/06/2017 - 15/06/2017
Family Wealth Planning Breakfast Briefing – June 2017
Press Releases - 27/03/2017
Edwin Coe named a top Private Client law firm by eprivatecli...