As part of wealth planning, we offer planning for philanthropic purposes. Often international families have their own philanthropic initiatives and we draw on our experience in charity law to find the most appropriate way of achieving clients’ philanthropic aspirations.
For a fuller description of our team’s experience in philanthropy and charities, please see our Charities section.
- Advising on tax-efficient charitable giving in an international context
- Establishing new charities in the UK and overseas to focus families’ philanthropic initiatives
- Advising an international family on coordinating UK and Swiss charitable trusts, including administration and compliance advice
- Advising an international family on establishment of a new UK charity to work with an existing US charity
- Co-ordinating and advice on establishment of a UK branch of a multi-jurisdictional charity
- Advising international individuals on coordination of pan-European charitable giving
David Goepel is responsive, goes the extra mile and thinks outside the box.
Chambers UK 2018
Edwin Coe LLP fields a team of four cross-departmental partners led by David Goepel, who is a calm and wise adviser. The...
The Legal 500 2016
David Goepel and his team are very organised and supportive.
The Legal 500 2014
Prompt and efficient, but not officious, we liked the reasonable, uncomplicated way in which they delivered the advice.
Chambers UK 2012
…the team has strength in philanthropy advice and general charities work, particularly in respect of the formation an...
The Legal 500 2012