Most visa categories give visa holders the opportunity to apply for settlement (indefinite leave to remain) once you have completed a certain period of residence in the UK in a visa category.
You can obtain indefinite leave to remain in the UK having completed residence in one of the following categories:
- Former work permit holders – 5 years
- Tier 2 (General) which can include period spent as a work permit holder – 5 years
- Tier 1 (Investor) – 5 years or accelerated route after
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) – 5 years or accelerated route after
- Settlement visas – 5 years
- 10 years continuous lawful period of residence in the UK, which can be combination of different visa categories
- Former discretionary leave to remain – 6 years
- Asylum – 4 years
- Ancestry visa – 5 years.
The majority of applications for indefinite leave to remain require you to pass the Life in the UK test and meet the knowledge of English language requirement. There are some exceptions to this requirement.
- Appeals Against Decisions to Refuse Visas by Entry Clearance Officers or the UK Border Agency
- Applications for Indefinite Leave
- Brexit – Permanent Residency applications
- British Citizenship Advice
- Chinese Specialist Immigration Advice
- Family Settlement Visas
- High-net-worth Individuals
- How We Can Help You
- Humanitarian and Asylum applications
- Malta Golden Visa
- Next Steps
- Overseas Representative Visa
- Portugeuse Golden Visa
- Standard Visitor Visas
- Those Here in the UK Illegally
- Tier 4 Student Visas
- Tier 5 Visas
- Wider Employment Issues
Events - 11/09/2017 - 13/09/2017
Dhruti Thakrar to attend the 2nd Cyprus International Invest...