Our IT team has vast experience in assisting clients with IT disputes.
We regularly advise in relation to contractual disputes where for example a dispute has arisen in relation to developed software or where there is a dispute over whether the terms of a software licence or support and maintenance agreement have been complied with. Another important aspect of our work in this area is the resolution of copyright infringement and trade mark disputes either in relation to software or online. [For further information about our work in relation to trade mark / copyright infringement please Click Here]
We have an excellent record of resolving IT related disputes without recourse to the Courts either through negotiation, mediation or another form of ADR. However, where necessary, where for example a dispute cannot be resolved or where an emergency injunction is required we are able to draw on a wealth of experience of experience of litigating disputes in the High Court and where appropriate the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
- Advising a leading social care provider on a dispute with its IT services provider.
- Advising a leading supplier of ERP software on its program to ensure compliance with its licence terms including obtaining a Norwich Pharmacal order to find out the identity of one infringer and then taking action to ensure that the wrong-doing stopped immediately.
- Commencing and then successfully settling High Court proceedings relating to the implementation of a new software solution in the health care sector.
- Successfully resolving a dispute related to a project to develop a new digital platform using an agile development process.
- Successfully resolving a software infringement dispute by proving that our client had not copied source code in a competitor’s software.
- Defending a complex patent litigation matter, patent revocation and patent entitlement proceedings, including successful defence of allegations of copyright infringement and misuse of confidential information.
(Edwin Coe) is particularly active in the technology, publishing and retail sectors, and earns admiration for its fast t...
Chambers UK 2012