Our IT team regularly advises clients in relation to various software contracts. Our experience ranges from simple generic agreements to highly complex multi-layered agreements.
We can assist clients by, for example, reviewing and providing high level comments on draft software contracts, revising draft software contracts, producing bespoke first drafts of software contracts and assisting with the negotiation of such contracts. Our work in this area includes advising both suppliers and customers wishing to buy IT related services and ranges from assistance with large one-off projects and implementations, business critical applications to the licence of one-off applications.
We advise on and draft a wide range of software contracts including: software development agreements, both traditional “waterfall” agreements and “agile” agreements, cloud based solutions, software licence agreements, software maintenance and support agreements and software hosting agreements.
- Negotiating an agreement for the licence of specialist professional services software and the development of new bespoke modules to be used by a particular customer across the UK
- Advising two international airlines on their purchase, implementation and ongoing support of business critical IT systems
- Acting for a leading provider of offshore IT services in the sub-contracting of part of those services and the renegotiation of the terms governing a multi-million contract between our client and the customer
- Advising an owner-managed business on a series of software licenses and agreements for the provision of IT related services with a number of large banks and financial institutions
- Assisting a client in the health care sector with the development of a bespoke digital platform to be developed on an agile basis
- Advising the developer on a contract for the development of a bespoke website for a leading professional services provider
- Advising a major property development client on the development and hosting of a new IT infrastructure for a large property development
(Edwin Coe) is particularly active in the technology, publishing and retail sectors, and earns admiration for its fast t...
Chambers UK 2012