Since January 2021 the Government introduced a new visa category for Hong Kong nationals holding British National (Overseas) status (BN(O)). The introduction of this visa was in response to China’s implementation of strict security laws in Hong Kong in 2020.
This visa category will allow BN(O)s and their dependants – such as children or spouses, civil partners to reside in the UK for a period up to 5 years. All routes under this category lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) – criteria for ILR must be met.
There are two sub-categories of the BN(O) route which an individual could apply under; (i) BN(O) Status Holder; and (ii), BN(O) Household member.
Further information on the specific visa requirements can be provided upon request. Our Immigration team have assisted a number of individuals and their family members with such application.
Please do contact our team if you require further information on the specifics of this immigration category.
We provide services for individuals:
We provide services for businesses:
- Immigration: Overview
- Bespoke audit services in preparation for UKVI Compliance visit
- Business Visit Visas
- Global Business Mobility visa
- Innovator Visas
- Investor Visas
- Representation against downgrading/suspension/revocation of a Sponsor Licence
- Representation at UKVI Compliance visits
- Skilled Worker Visas
- Sole Representative of an Overseas Business Visa
- Sponsor Licensing for Employers
- Start-up Visas
- Temporary Worker Visas (Creative)