Edwin Coe LLP is a London-based law firm with vast experience of working within the international arena. Our international clients include public and private companies, sovereign states, charities, unincorporated associations, and private individuals. Many of our partners offer the experience that comes with a ‘big firm’ background at a fraction of the cost, making us a popular choice for large multinationals.
We offer full service support to UK subsidiaries of foreign parent companies and provide clients based overseas with a full range of legal services.
Edwin Coe also has strong professional links in the US, the Middle East, Northern Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Russia, and the Far East. We are frequently asked to assist clients with global business issues.
We regularly undertake the following types of work:
- Cross border mergers and acquisitions
- IPO’s and secondary offerings
- Group re-organisations, joint ventures and financing
- Property acquisitions and disposals
- EU competition law
- Intellectual property and all related areas of IP law
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Multi-jurisdictional disputes and arbitration
- Employment law
- Immigration advice
- Private client services
- Tax services.
They understand our particular requirements, offer an excellent service and are very good at relationship management.
Chambers Directory 2015
They know all the angles and all the tactics; they know what to expect.
Chambers Directory 2016
- Edwin Coe is one of a small number of firms that truly specialises in work in Sub-Saharan Africa. The unusual nature of this means that we are frequently called upon to act as consultant to the World Bank and donor governments on the civil justice process, human rights and the rule of law.
- In recent years, we have acted on fraud proceedings in the Caribbean and Africa, and are currently handling a major corruption case in East Africa on behalf of the Government of the Republic of Kenya. The latter case involves defending the Government of Kenya in relation to a substantial claim against them for non-payment of sums allegedly due under contracts for the provision of internet services throughout the country.
- Edwin Coe advised Lydian Resource Company Ltd on its pre-IPO funding from the private equity branch of the World Bank and other overseas investors, culminating in its reversal into a company quoted on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- The firm acted for NYSE listed Vishay Intertechnology Inc, on its £22 million public takeover of PM Group Plc.
- Acting for a subsidiary of a major multinational corporation on its £47 million purchase of a leading provider of fire protection and detection systems in the UK and overseas.
- Acting for an NYSE listed company on its $34 million acquisition of a UK automotive parts distributor as part of a global $300 million acquisition.
- Acted for the WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature), the world’s largest private environmental conservation organisation, in relation to various intellectual property matters. This has included preventing the use of the initials WWF by the World Wrestling Federation, now known as the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment).
- Acting as Arbitrator in an Arbitration concerning a dispute between two foreign law firms. The seat of the Arbitration was in London, although the legal disputes occurred in Eastern Europe.
- Advising offshore trustees and beneficiaries on the structuring of their assets, often over several jurisdictions. Such advice is usually given in conjunction with other professional advisers in the relevant jurisdictions. Edwin Coe takes a co-ordinating role in managing the affairs of international clients and the trusts and corporate entities in which they or their families have an interest.
- Acting for Russian and Ukrainian clients in respect of contentious and non-contentious matters.
Corporate & Commercial, Head of French Inward Investment
Corporate & Commercial