Banking & Finance
Edwin Coe’s Banking & Finance practice focuses on funding and investment for specific projects and the acquisition of assets and general corporate purposes.
The team comprises lawyers who have many years’ knowledge and experience of domestic and international financial and banking transactions (some involving a cross border element), including senior and mezzanine lending, public offerings and private equity investment. We regularly represent banks, funds, other lenders, borrowers and investors in transactions involving funding and corporate acquisitions and development and/or refinancing of commercial and residential real estate.
We can also advise on related issues such as taxation, compliance/regulatory requirements, participations and assignments/syndications and restructurings. All transactions are partner-led and handled by qualified and dedicated specialists. We aim to provide advice which is not only accurate and comprehensive but also practical and commercial, proactively seeking solutions to questions which arise
Examples of our work include:
- acting for a developer in connection with the funding of the acquisition of a large London W1 property and the development of the same for residential purposes
- acting for a UK lending institution in connection with the financing of the purchase of a large UK regional shopping centre, including the subsequent syndication of the senior loan and advising on related intercreditor arrangements
- acting for an investor in a UK based hedge fund, involving both loan and equity shares
- advising on standard form documentation for loan and security documents
- acting for a borrower in connection with the Sharia compliant financing of the acquisition and development of London residential property
- acting for a European based lender in connection with funding the purchase of commercial premises for residential redevelopment
- acting for a private UK investor in connection with funding the acquisition of a brownfield site for potential redevelopment
- acting for a French bank in connection with the refinancing of a private educational establishment in London
- acting for a Luxembourg established lender in connection with the financing of the development of a petrol station site for residential purposes
- acting for a UK lender in connection with the refinancing of a hotel/leisure property in West Yorkshire.
- Banking security, finance and advisory work
- Debt and equity finance for the acquisition of companies and businesses
- Disputes between lenders and borrowers
- Financing/refinancing the acquisition and development of real estate
- Funding for new corporate ventures
- Investment in projects involving trading and service entities
- Invoice discounting and factoring facilities
- Recovery/insolvency work, including receivership and administration
- Working capital and overdraft facilities