Joanne specialises in all aspects of real estate but with particular focus on development work (mixed-use projects), structured property investments, commercial leasing, large scale acquisitions and disposal of commercial and retail sites.
She also has a deep understanding of the Property Finance market and acts for lenders on investment and development financing.
Her approach is typified by working hard to understand her clients’ business, adding value with strategic thinking and delivering first class advice. Joanne is dual qualified in England & Wales and Scotland, and handles cross border commercial property and funding transactions.
Joanne has taken part in cycle challenges through Tanzania, Cambodia and India, over the past few years in aid of The British Asian Trust.
For more details of her most recent trip, please click here.
- Acting for developer in preparation and negotiation of development agreements for the development and leasing of a hotel site at Sydney International Airport.
- Acting for Inpex – the proponent of the Ichthys LNG Project in their gas and redevelopment expansion.
- Acting for Government in the sale of contaminated land proposed for eventual housing re-development.
- Acting on behalf of lender in relation to a large corporate finance transaction (including term loans and credit facilities) in their capital markets and balance sheet financing.
- Acting for Singaporean Investors (JV Partners) in portfolio disposal involving 150 properties.
- Acting for HNW Malaysian investors in the acquisition of a mixed use commercial property with anchor tenants in City Centre London location, including drafting and agreeing contract for sale; review of construction documentation; investigation and reporting on title; drafting and negotiating banking agreements for the funding of the acquisition (including credit agreement, negative pledge, subordination agreement, debenture etc); liaising with legal agents in British Virgin Islands and other foreign jurisdictions.
- Acting for Coutts, National Westminster Bank plc and Royal Bank of Scotland plc in significant value real estate development financing; reporting on title; drafting security documentation; reviewing construction documentation; drafting security and assignment documentation in respect of the development documentation; liaising with funder’s monitoring surveyor and signing off on drawdowns.
- Acting for BVI investors in the acquisition of multiple dwellings from receivers in high-profile London location; including drafting and agreeing banking documentation with Deutsche Bank.
- Acting for Malaysian investors in the acquisition of property containing multiple dwellings for residential lettings; including advising on tax implications; dealing with funders (Bangkok Bank) in the negotiation of banking documentation.
- Assisting the Edwin Coe corporate department in the acquisition of the franchise of leading coffee company, dealing with the real estate component of the transaction.
- Acting for property developers in the acquisition of a former garage site; assisting in the planning application; drafting and completing conditional sale agreement; reporting on title; drafting and completing agreement for lease and lease with leading anchor tenant together with construction provisions for the development of the site.
+44 (0)20 7691 4171
I have worked with some of the best law firms around, but to be honest this was one I enjoyed and Edwin Coe has a team w...
Client Quote 2017
Landlord and Tenant
Hotel & hospitality
Recommended in Legal 500 UK 2022
Dual qualified in England and Scotland
Secretary of Property & Finance Group
Chairman of the Events Committee for The Association of Women in Property (WiP)
Member of the Law Society
Knowledgeable, diligent, accessible
Legal 500 UK 2021
Joanne McIvor is outstanding.
Legal 500 UK 2019
I am delighted that this transaction has been completed so swiftly and professionally by the team at Edwin Coe.
Client Quote 2017
I have worked with some of the best law firms around, but to be honest this was one I enjoyed and Edwin Coe has a tea...Client Quote 2017
They give such a high-standard and quality service and always respond promptly with tailored advice. Their advice is ...Chambers UK 2016