The UK and London in particular, continue to attract a wide range of international individuals and families for many reasons including a relatively stable legal system, sophisticated financial markets, the possibility of investing in London real estate, the availability of the Investor Visa route, and a world renowned educational system.
We advise on a whole range of issues facing wealthy international individuals who are planning to relocate to or invest in the UK, whether their goal is to relocate or to preserve their wealth now and for future generations.
In this respect, we advise on all aspects of wealth structuring, including:
- immigration issues
- investing in UK real estate including structuring property purchases, having consideration to the increasingly complex taxation of UK residential properties with foreign owners
- advising on non-domicile status and arising/remittance basis of taxation
- using UK and offshore trusts and foundations, as well as other structures to assist with wealth planning
- advising on conflicting tax and legal regimes affecting international families and their wealth structures across multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising an international businessman on the newly introduced EU Succession Directive
- Advising on the administration of a complex international estate, including coordination of advice in multiple jurisdictions both in testate and intestate cases
- Advising a Swiss-based entrepreneur on the remittance basis prior to arrival in London
- Advising international businessmen on tax structure of UK properties in light of Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings and Inheritance Tax exposure
- Advising international clients on application of the statutory residence test and its interaction with Inheritance Tax non-domicile status
- Advising families with family members with UK and US connections.
David Goepel brings a sense of calm and order to legally complex matters, which are often very emotionally intense for t...
Chambers Directory 2014
Nick Giles is very hands-on and will make sure that even minor problems are acted upon promptly.
Chambers Directory 2014
Press Releases - 30/11/2017
Alison Broadberry retains listing within 50 Most Influential
Events - Tuesday 14 November 2017
Nick Giles to speak at the Citywealth WP club for senior wea...
Press Releases - 04/10/2017
Three Edwin Coe partners featured in Citywealth Leaders List...
Press Releases - 15/09/2017
Edwin Coe Private Client team retains ranking in Chambers Hi...
Press Coverage - 16/08/2017
Alison Broadberry shortlisted for Inspirational Woman of the...
Blog - 05/07/2017
The buy-to-let burden continues: additional rules to apply to private ...
Events - 07/06/2017 - 15/06/2017
Family Wealth Planning Breakfast Briefing – June 2017
Press Releases - 27/03/2017
Edwin Coe named a top Private Client law firm by eprivatecli...