Our IP team has a great deal of experience in advising clients in relation to copyright and related rights such as database rights. Edwin Coe is one of the firms approved by the Design and Artists Copyright Society to advise the society’s members.
We advise clients in relation to domestic UK copyright laws and the increasingly harmonised EU laws impacting on the digital marketplace. We also regularly advise clients in relation to copyright in computer software both on a contentious and non-contentious basis.
- Advising an internet based television service is relation to a copyright infringement action relating to the re-broadcasting of terrestrial television programmes
- Advising clients on the possibility of obtaining an injunction under s.97A of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (“CDPA”) to prevent unauthorised file sharing activities
- Advising an international ceramics business in relation to High Court copyright infringement proceedings
- Advising a fashion retailer in relation to a copyright infringement dispute and taking enforcement action against third party infringers
- Intellectual Property – Overview
- Brand Protection and Exploitation
- Trade Marks Prosecution and Opposition
- Confidentiality/Trade Secrets and Know-How
- Data Protection
- Design Protection
- Domains Names
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- NFTs – Buying, Selling and other Legal Issues
They understand our particular requirements, offer an excellent service and are very good at relationship management. ...
Chambers UK 2015
Spot-on in the advice they give, and they provide a definite direction for us to follow rather than sitting on the fence...
Chambers UK 2015