As a domestic worker, you can accompany your employer to come to the United Kingdom under the Overseas Domestic worker visa. This visa route is open for those who work as a chauffeur, nanny, cleaner or anyone who provides personal care to their employer could be eligible under this category.

Should you wish to have your domestic worker accompany you, or as an employee should you wish to accompany your employer, you would have needed to have been working for them for at least 1 year, prior to application.

The specific requirements apply to both the employer and employee. Eligible individuals can be granted leave for up to 6 months – this visa is not extendable and individuals must ensure they leave the UK at the end of the 6 month visa.

Contact our Immigration Team
telephone: 020 7691 4000
or email: enquiries@edwincoe.com

  • Single page view


Domestic Workers in a Private Household

Share by: