Skilled Worker Visa applications
Since 1 January 2021, the Skilled Worker route replaced the previous Tier 2 General category. This visa category enables both EU and non-EU nationals from outside of the United Kingdom to be employed by a UK business that holds a Sponsor Licence.
To qualify for a Skilled Worker route, a Sponsor will need to ensure the migrant worker scores 70 points in order to qualify for the Skilled Worker visa:
- Must have a job offer at RQF Level 3 or above from a licenced Sponsor (50 points);
- They meet the minimum salary threshold (10 points);
- They meet the English language requirement (10 points).
Sponsors must ensure individuals are being at least £25,600 or the “going rate” in order to qualify for a Certificate of Sponsorship. There are a number of different ways an individual can meet the minimum salary threshold – these points are tradeable depending on age, qualification, whether the role is shortage occupation etc.
Analysing role profiles, assessing the minimum salary requirements and assigning of Certificate of Sponsorships (defined or unrestricted) can be a complex process for businesses that are unfamiliar with the process.
Our Immigration team often are instructed to manage this process for corporate clients from start to finish. If you require any advice or assistance with regards to the Skilled Worker visa, please do not hesitate to contact our Immigration team.
We provide services for businesses:
- Immigration: Overview
- Bespoke audit services in preparation for UKVI Compliance visit
- Business Visit Visas
- Global Business Mobility visa
- Innovator Founder Visas
- Investor Visas
- Representation at UKVI Compliance visits
- Sole Representative of an Overseas Business Visa
- Sponsor Licensing for Employers
- Sponsor Licence downgrading, suspension and revocation
- Temporary Worker Visas (Creative)
We provide services for individuals:
Contact our Immigration Team
telephone: 020 7691 4000
or email: email@example.com
“From the initial consultation to the final stages of the application process, you and your team were there every step...
Client for Skilled Worker visa