Please note that this visa category closed to new applicants on 17 February 2022. Individuals who are already on a Tier 1 Investor visa may continue to extend their visas or apply for settlement/indefinite leave to remain. Please see our blog which provides further information.

Contact our Immigration Team
telephone: 020 7691 4000
or email: enquiries@edwincoe.com


Edwin Coe helped and guided me very well through the whole process and assured me in every process. You were very prompt...
Miss Ge.
Edwin Coe helped and guided me very well through the whole process and assured me in every process. You were very prompt with your replies and have provided a one-stop shop service to getting everything done in one place, from visas to finding an investment bank, to finding a property. I will definitely recommend my friends and family who will need this kind of service to hire you.

Miss Ge.

  • Single page view


Tier 1 Investor Visa applications

This visa requires an applicant to show that he/she has £2million under his/her control and that he/she is willing to invest these funds in UK Government bonds, or in stocks and shares of UK listed Companies, or in a UK Limited Company. The advantage of this visa is that there is no requirement to have an English Language qualification; applicants can do whatever they like in the UK, they do not have to run a business and they can work. The applicant's wife/husband would also be eligible to work if he/she wished to do so. Once the visa is approved the applicant and his/her dependents on a Tier 1 visa would be able to remain outside the UK for up to 6 months without having any impact on their eligibility to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. If an application is made under this category the applicant and his/her dependants would first be given leave to enter and remain in the UK for 3 years. Prior to the expiry of that visa they would then have to apply to extend their visa. In order to do the latter the applicant would have to maintain their investment of £2million in UK Government bonds, or in stocks and shares, or loan capital in a UK registered Company.  He /she would then qualify (under current rules) for indefinite leave to remain (also referred to as permanent residence) only after having spent 5 years in the UK. Once again any application for indefinite leave should be made just prior to their visa expiring in the 5th Year.

Share by: