Our aviation team has many years’ experience working with clients on both contentious and non-contentious matters within this complex global industry. We advise both civil aviation and defence focused businesses and our clients include those who design, manufacture and service aeroplane systems and aircraft engines; aeroplane and helicopter manufacturers; ticketing and operations software experts and aircraft maintenance companies.
We are able to call upon experts from across the firm to advise on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters including project finance, procurement and public sector contracts, as well as employment, immigration and property matters. In addition to this commercial experience, our litigation team has advised on numerous disputes within the sector covering cargo and passenger claims including multi-jurisdictional air cargo group actions, liability disputes, service provider disputes and it has a particular experience in claimant insurance litigation.
- Advising a major corporation on all corporate and commercial transactions, property, employment and litigation matters. Previous transactions include the acquisition of a company involved in aircraft maintenance, with hangers and facilities at most of the large airports in the UK
- Acting for a manufacturer of aerospace systems for commercial, corporate and military aircraft, advising on corporate and commercial matters, property, employment and litigation
- Advising an aircraft engine manufacturer on corporate and commercial matters (including engine leasing) and employment issues
- Acting for a well-known aircraft manufacturer on project finance, negotiating commercial contracts such as aircraft purchase agreements, procurement and public sector contracts, as well as employment and property matters
- Acting for a long-standing aviation engineering systems manufacturer in relation to its employment and commercial matters
- Acting for an aviation sector focused ticketing and operations software provider on its corporate and commercial matters
- Advising flower growers from Colombia and Ecuador in relation to a group action resulting from an EC investigation that concluded that a major global airline and a number of other airlines had participated in a conspiracy to fix prices for air freight.