We regularly advise clients in relation to confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements in a variety of contexts. Such agreements tend to be put in place by parties at the start of a relationship or as a pre-condition to considering entering into a relationship. They can often be the single most important agreement between the parties and it is important to get these documents right and to ensure that any onerous obligations are avoided.
Our experience is that parties will often enter into unsuitable agreements without paying very much or any attention to ensure that the document is suitable for that purpose. We have considerable experience in reviewing and drafting confidentiality agreement and non-disclosure agreements to cover various different scenarios.
We are regularly approached by individuals and companies looking to protect certain confidential information, trade secrets and know-how.
We assist clients by drafting non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements to ensure that clients have the adequate protection in place before they disclose information to third parties whether to develop a product or to exploit and manufacture a product.
Our work in this area has involved us in advising a number of different clients in disparate scenarios.
- Working with inventors looking to obtain an early round of financing or to explore first manufacturing arrangements prior to applying for patent protection
- Assisting a leading oil and gas consultancy to protect its confidential methodologies and processes
- Advising on and assisting with confidentiality agreements in a large range of industries and sectors including the financial services sector, sports nutrition, fashion, psychometric tests, telecommunications, design agencies, manufacturers, software developers, internet television companies, health care providers, social media providers and professional service providers
- Intellectual Property
- Brand Protection and Exploitation
- Trade Marks Prosecution and Opposition
- Copyright and Related Rights including Database Rights
- Data Protection
- Design Protection
- Domains Names
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- NFTs – Buying, Selling and other Legal Issues
They are very approachable and practical, readily making suggestions of alternative approaches to a problem other than p...
Chambers UK 2016
They are very client-focused and take the time to get to know their client's business so they can provide the most tailo...
Chambers UK 2016