There are numerous pitfalls when it comes to holding UK property, both residential and commercial, via corporate vehicles and trust structures.
In recent years this has become an increasingly complex area and Edwin Coe’s Tax team, along with our colleagues in the Property team, have vast experience in advising clients on suitable bespoke structures that meet their needs.
We are perfectly placed to advise on the following:
- Annual charge on high-value residential properties (Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings ATED)
- Non-resident capital gains tax for non-residents and the April 2019 extension of the rules to include disposals of commercial property / land and shares in ‘property rich’ entities
- Inheritance Tax (IHT) exposure for UK residential property held indirectly by non-UK domiciliaries via non-resident structures from April 2017 and the UK tax impacts of loans used to acquire, maintain or enhance UK residential property
- Enhanced SDLT rates (and the 3% surcharge)
- Preparation and submission of non-resident landlord tax returns
- UK tax on rental receipts and allowable tax deductions
- Reviews of existing structures (e.g. trusts, companies, LLPs, foundations)
- ‘De-enveloping’ property currently held via a structure
- Tax-effective property investment.
Easy to talk to, and the explanations of problems are very helpful.
You totally delivered on what you promised – thank you
David, Private Client