Our mergers and acquisitions team are focussed on delivering value to clients by drawing on practical experience of our clients’ businesses to oversee and minimise issues arising on transactions and to facilitate a fast and effective response to clients’ goals.
Our specialist lawyers have the requisite technical skills as well as the relevant practical skills in managing all aspects of the transaction from start to finish. This will include assistance in planning the structure of the transaction, carrying our targeted legal due diligence, preparing all relevant documentation and negotiating the transaction through to conclusion.
We are accustomed to dealing with complicated cross-border transactions and we routinely supervise firms in other jurisdictions as part of our service.
There is often a significant international dimension to our work and we are well accustomed to working in other jurisdictions which might not have any connection to the UK.
Our M&A group advises both private and public companies on:
- buying and selling companies or their businesses;
- private equity transactions;
- transactions involving reorganisations and de-mergers;
- schemes of arrangements;
- group reorganisations and restructurings; and
- recommended takeovers of public companies.
Legal 500 2017 Ranking
- M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
Examples of our work:
- Acting for Chuchgate Estates Limited in the sale of five subsidiaries operating care homes to Crimson Dorset Limited (a subsidiary of Ventas Inc.)
- Acting for United Technologies Corporation in the sale of SFS Fire Services Limited which designs and installs fire sprinkler and related fixed fire protection systems having originally acted on the purchase of the business in 2007
- Advising on the acquisition of Adviser Plus Business Solutions Limited by Adviser Plus Holdings Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement
- Acting for AIM listed Stratex International plc in relation to an investment of 34% of the issued share capital of Goldstone Resources Limited, also listed on AIM
- Advising the owner of Noble Automotive Limited, the designer and manufacturer of high performance sports cars to Noble Faith Limited
- Advising Forum European Realty Income III, GP Limited in the sale of Crown North Corp Limited to Capita plc
- Advising Otis Limited on a number of portfolio acquisitions
- Advising Chubb Group Security Limited in the acquisition of a number of maintenance portfolio companies
- Advising Kout Food Group on the acquisition of Little Chef from R Capital and others
- Acting for Pratt & Whitney in buy-out of Rolls Royce’s interest in International Aero Engines AG
Edwin Coe LLP combines solid knowledge with a practical approach.
Legal 500 2011
A go-to firm that is accessible and cares for the client.
Legal 500 2010