Daniel is a Corporate finance partner and joined Edwin Coe in January 2021.
Daniel advises on all aspects of corporate law, specialising in public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity and VC investments and fundraisings and equity capital markets transactions including flotations and secondary offerings on the official list and AIM. Daniel also specialises in partnership matters, debt finance transactions and restructurings. He has particular expertise in the real estate, TMT leisure and hotel sectors and his clients including entrepreneurs, SMEs, funds, Nomads and brokers.
Example recent transactions include:
- Advising on the acquisition of Arlo & Jacob, a well-known soft furnishings online and physical retailer out of administration.
- Advising the owner of Stanley Davis Group, the leading company formations and property search business on its sale to Dye & Durham, a competitor based in Canada.
- Advising Bolt Asset Management, a care home operator on the acquisition of Victorguard plc, the operator of a portfolio of care homes in the north of England.
- Advising the well-known hair care brand Bleach London Limited on a £5 million VC investment led by a consortium of VCs, led by Mobeus Equity Partners.
- Advising Ethernity Networks, the AIM quoted Israeli software tech business on an equity placing and subscription.
+44 (0)20 7691 4060
Acquisition Finance and Corporate Finance
Mergers and Acquisitions
Private Equity Transactions
Initial Public Offerings
Debt finance transactions and restructuring
Recommended for Equity Capital Markets – Small-Mid Cap Transactions in The Legal 500 2024
Recommended as a ‘leading individual’ in The Legal 500 2024 for M&A up to £50 million
Dan Bellau knows the listed world and SMEs.
The Legal 500 UK 2024
Daniel Bellau took time to understand our business and the intricacies of the deal we had struck with the buyer, ensu...The Legal 500 UK 2024
Daniel Bellau is praised for his extensive knowledge of listed companies, notably SMEs.
The Legal 500 UK 2024
Daniel Bellau understands everything small cap with a commercial eye.
The Legal 500 UK 2023
Both Russel Shear and Daniel Bellau provide excellent legal advice but also provide commercial solutions for their cl...The Legal 500 UK 2023
Dan Bellau is commercial, understands small caps and the world of listed SMEs.
The Legal 500 UK 2022
Daniel understands all the dynamics of the SME market and has seen it all before, many times!
The Legal 500 UK 2021
Daniel Bellau stands out as one of the leading corporate lawyers on commercial and equity capital markets matters... ...The Legal 500 UK 2020
Daniel Bellau has a strong legal mind and is extremely commercial.
The Legal 500 UK 2020