Alison joined Edwin Coe in 2016 as Head of Private Client.
Alison acts for high-net-worth UK and non-UK domiciled clients on a wide range of tax, trust and estate planning matters. She advises on and creates solutions to hold, protect and pass on the wealth of her clients to minimise tax and maximise the protection against non-tax threats such as remarriage of the survivor, divorce of beneficiaries, family disputes, financially vulnerable or immature heirs, or simply “too much, too soon”.
She has particular experience of relating the solutions to clients’ financial and investment planning situations and for business owners, of dovetailing personal and business succession planning.
Her experience includes:
- Advising on implementing practical estate plans to reduce inheritance tax and preserve wealth for individuals, couples and families; and ensuring that their wealth is preserved to support the surviving heirs and successive generations.
- Implementing sensitive, practical and tax efficient estate planning for families where there are children or other heirs from more than one marriage or prior relationship; balancing the needs of the surviving spouse and all the children, minimising the risk of future conflict.
- Advising clients owning and acquiring properties (in particular to assist their children on to the property ladder or those wishing to hold “buy to let” properties) on opportunities to save tax and protect the value from non-tax threats.
- Advising high net worth clients on creating family trusts and family investment vehicles.
- Ensuring assets will pass under tax-efficient and wealth protecting Wills and dovetailing this planning with asset protection trusts for life policies and pensions.
- Advising business owners on maximising the availability of entrepreneurs’ relief for capital gains tax and business property relief for inheritance tax; dovetailing personal and business succession planning including advising on business protection strategies often involving the use of life assurance and trusts.
+44 (0)20 7691 4033
She is very human in her approach and clients adore her.
Chambers High Net Worth 2021
Recommended in The Legal 500 UK 2023 for Personal tax, trusts and probate and Charities and not-for-profit
Ranked as a ‘Leading Individual’ for Private Wealth Law in Chambers High Net Worth since 2018
Listed by eprivateclient as one of the 50 Most Influential Private Client advisers in the UK for 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, and 2017
Recommended in Citywealth Leaders List since 2015
Silver award winner in the Inspirational Woman of the Year category at the Citywealth Powerwomen Awards 2018
Member of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Member of the Law Society
Member of The Association of Taxation Technicians
Previous co-editor of Houseman, The Law of Life Assurance
Previous member of ABI Product Tax Panel
Alison Broadberry has exceptional expertise atLegal 500 UK 2023
advising on the impact of taxation on private client affairs, pa...
Alison Broadberry – fizzing with enthusiasm and utterly dedicated to delivering for her clients.
Legal 500 UK 2023
She is intelligent and has seemingly unmatched reserves of energy and drive for her clients. She is lovely to work wi...Chambers High Net Worth 2022
Alison Broadberry is very approachable, with a great loyal client base, and is very knowledgeable.
Chambers High Net Worth 2022
Alison Broadberry brings wide experience and a thorough knowledge of the personal and tax issues confronting private ...Legal 500 UK 2022
Alison Broadberry – indefatigable, effervescent and delightful, Alison is utterly committed to providing an excepti...Legal 500 UK 2022
Alison Broadberry is endeavouring to shine the deserved spotlight on this team, which has great quality, ability and ...Legal 500 UK 2022
The lawyers think outside the box rather than simply reciting the law back to you. Alison Broadberry and David Goepel...Legal 500 UK 2022
She is very good at mastering her brief, she is extremely good with clients and incredibly intelligent. She is very h...Chambers High Net Worth 2021
Alison Broadberry gets straight to the heart of the matter and has an unrivalled grasp not just of private client and...Legal 500 UK 2021
Her advice on private client tax and trusts is first-rate and her approach to problem solving is both positive and co...Chambers High Net Worth 2020
She's totally brilliant with clients and is able to describe and explain the most complex ideas in a way that clients...Chambers High Net Worth 2019
Alison is a leader in her field. When there are more complex and difficult situations, she is the right person to han...Chambers High Net Worth 2019
She is a very competent private client lawyer with exceptional knowledge of the wealth investment world. She is also ...Chambers High Net Worth 2018
I find her fantastic, she has an absolutely first-class manner of communication. She conveys complicated concepts in ...Chambers High Net Worth 2017
Alison is dedicated to giving her clients a first class service. She has an excellent and unusually in-depth all roun...Leaders List 2017
She has good flexibility and is good at getting clients to discuss what they need openly, and she combines that with ...Chambers High Net Worth 2017
I am always happy to work with Alison, she understands exactly where we are coming from. She delivers practical advic...Leaders List 2016
Delivers extremely technical advice in a practical and commercial context, is adept at managing expectations and comm...Leaders List 2015
Blog - 04/10/2022
Helping out with the cost of living crisis ...
Blog - 23/09/2022
Mini-budget: a ‘fiscal event’ and/or the ...
Blog - 12/09/2022
Issues and planning needs for ‘non-traditio...
Blog - 25/08/2022
Are you ready for the HMRC Trust Registration...