Linky Trott leads the Employment practice at Edwin Coe, advising on the full range employment issues for established business clients and senior executives.
Linky understands that when a business or a senior executive has an employment related issue, it frequently requires immediate and urgent attention and Linky is consistently praised by clients for her speed of response and turnaround time. Her client base encompasses a broad range of industry sectors including financial services, professional services, PR and advertising, pharmacology, manufacturing, hospitality, care and technology companies and her work spans both the Employment Tribunal and the High Court, undertaking complex discrimination and whistleblowing claims in the Tribunals and breach of contract and injunctive work in the High Court.
Linky is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and is a former part-time Employment Judge.
Examples of Her Senior Executive Work:
- Acting for the compliance director of a property management company. Our client asserted consistent and historic underpayment of salary and bonus in comparison to male colleagues at comparable seniority. She asserted equal pay and sex discrimination claims in severance negotiations and settlement for all backdated underpayments was achieved.
- Acting for the chief risk officer for a large commercial insurance and reinsurance company in relation to their dismissal for spurious reasons following the making of protected disclosures. A whistleblowing claim was issued and proceedings were settled prior to trial.
- Acting for senior executive in investment bank in connection with disciplinary proceedings brought against our client in connection with an undisclosed personal relationship at work and issues arising on the breakdown of that relationship. Avoided any disciplinary sanction and preserved FCA regulatory reference under threat by internal proceedings.
- Acting for a senior business development director in family office facing allegations of the misuse of confidential information which included demands for disclosure of communications by WhatsApp and a private email account. Safeguarded our client’s private communications and secured substantial settlement.
- Acting for 3 members of a property investment team who left their employer to join a competitor, to include the defence and settlement of proceedings issued by their former employer. Our clients were able to continue working and reached settlement terms substantially below sums sought by former employer.
- Acting for a female equity partner of a global US head quartered law firm following an attempt to expel her from the partnership. Issued proceedings for sex discrimination, and following mediation, reaching a seven figure severance.
Examples of Her Work For Businesses:
- Advising a professional services partnership on complex disability discrimination issues arising with an under-performing employee. Dealt with the ‘decoupling’ of the under-performance issues with those arising from the employee’s ill health. We successfully supported the client in navigating careful engagement with the employee and Occupational Health, identifying issues arising, advising on reasonable adjustments and how to monitor performance in that context without exposing the client to an allegation of disability discrimination. No claims issued against our client.
- Advising a global paper supplier in the management of sexual harassment allegations arising from an incident at work resulting in an assault of a sexual nature in the office. Careful and effective management resulted in the resolution of the matter with no claims arising against our client.
- Advising an investment property management company partnership on the expulsion of a partner who was diverting maturing business opportunities and the issue of LCIA Arbitration proceedings. The matter was vigorously defended and it involved complex property investment structures but was ultimately settled without the need for a full arbitration hearing and without any compensatory payments by our client.
- Acting for industry specific headhunting company in respect of the wholesale theft of data by client relationship manager moving to a competitor. Obtained an order for delivery up from the High Court and not withstanding consistent denials by the ex-employee, all confidential information was returned to our client upon service of the High Court Order.
- Acting for research company poaching a team of 8 from a competitor. Advising in respect of approach strategy and the provision of limited indemnities to the target staff for some specified potential claims arising from a team move.
- Advising on line betting company on grievances raised by two employees which included whistleblowing and disability discrimination allegations in regulated industry.
- Advising firm of accounts on disciplinary issues arising from a breakdown in the working relationship between two members of staff raising multiple cross-grievances against each other, paralysing the work in the department. Resulting in appropriate resolution and no claims arising.
+44 (0)20 7691 4022
Ranked in Chambers UK 2024
Recommended in The Legal 500 UK 2024
Member of the Employment Lawyers Association
A regular speaker at conferences on employment issues
What makes Linky special is the way she builds relationships very quickly and turns very difficult problems into a le...Chambers UK 2024
Linky is a calm, pragmatic and trusted adviser. It is good to have Linky and her team in my corner.
Chambers UK 2024
Linky has a wealth of experience to draw on. She builds great rapport and delivers a great service.
Chambers UK 2024
Linky Trott is the most trustworthy and reasonable person I could ever pick up the phone to. She listens to you – r...The Legal 500 UK 2024
Linky Trott is always available to give immediate and comprehensive advice in the context of our business values . Sh...The Legal 500 UK 2024
An unparalleled depth of knowledge and her capacity to surmise the outcome from the outset whether that is favourable...The Legal 500 UK 2022
Linky Trott is a delight to work with, she combines excellent professional skills with a client service approach whic...The Legal 500 UK 2023
Linky Trott has a fantastic grasp of her subject and gives exceptionally firm clear advice; she does not sit on the f...The Legal 500 UK 2021
She is able to quickly get up to speed, survey the scene and then support me with the issue at hand. When I relay her...Chambers UK 2023
She has a vast knowledge of employment law, is highly intelligent and I have never found her flummoxed by anything.Chambers UK 2023
Head of employment, Linky Trott is fantastic to work with. She has a vast knowledge of employment law, is highly inte...The Legal 500 UK 2023
Linky Trott is a clear communicator who shows commercial flexibility with an understanding of detail.
The Legal 500 UK 2023
Linky Trott absolutely treats you as if you were her most important client, treats you with compassion and explains e...The Legal 500 UK 2023
Linky Trott is an exceptionally talented partner and she has provided the best advice throughout my grievance process...The Legal 500 UK 2023
She always makes me feel like I am her most important client, even though she has others, and she has a prevailing un...Chambers UK 2022
I sought a lawyer with experience who would reassure me from the outset that my case was safe in their hands, who wou...Chambers UK 2022
Led from the top by Linky Trott, the entire team forms a cohesive unit that suits all budgets. Linky provided the per...The Legal 500 UK 2022
Linky Trott is fantastic to work with. She is incredibly professional, gives clear, pragmatic and cogent advice, and ...The Legal 500 UK 2022
Linky Trott provides an outstanding service. She combines emotional intelligence to support clients during times of g...The Legal 500 UK 2021
Linky Trott is smart, hard-working and dedicated in her pursuit of the best outcome for her client. She draws on her ...The Legal 500 UK 2021
She has a fantastic grasp of her subject and gives exceptionally clear advice.
Chambers UK 2021
She's great to work with as she cuts through to the salient points really quickly and highlights the key areas to be ...Chambers UK 2021
She is very calm under pressure, has a real depth of knowledge and brings real tactical nous to cases.
Chambers UK 2021
Linky Trott and Emma Sangeelee, individually and as a team, are outstanding. They are smart, talented, hardworking an...The Legal 500 2020
An amazing and incredibly smart lawyer with a remarkable ability to understand the breadth and depth of the issues. <...Chambers UK 2020
Linky Trott is the ideal resource when it comes to employment law. She gives absolutely clear advice but with a healt...The Legal 500 2020
Linky Trott, who is extremely efficient.
The Legal 500 2019
Linky is efficient. proactive and sensible with costs.
Chambers UK 2018
Very knowledgeable expert Linky Trott cuts through complex issues and produces fantastic results.
The Legal 500 2017
Linky Trott is unbelievably smart and amazing
The Legal 500 2016
Linky Trott will put the pitfalls and upsides to you very clearly, a trait which is highly valued by her clients. She...Chambers UK 2016
Linky Trott has an instant appreciation of any situation presented to her, and possesses a rapier sharpness in any ar...The Legal 500 2015
Linky Trott knows her stuff, speaks with confidence and is very supportive.
Chambers UK 2015
Linky Trott is very intelligent and has a pragmatic approach.
The Legal 500 2014
Linky Trott is very flexible and very speedy to respond.
Chambers UK 2014
Linky Trott has a wealth of knowledge and experience.
The Legal 500 2013
The experienced and able Linky Trott is extremely good with clients.
Chambers UK 2013
….responsive and accessible, Linky Trott is admired for her excellent commercial instincts.
Chambers UK 2012
…the ‘very talented Linky Trott is particularly good with sensitive discrimination issues
The Legal 500 2011
Linky Trott is knowledgeable and incredibly persuasive, and has a great feel for cases.
Chambers UK 2011
Blog - 06/02/2024
Changes to the Equality Act 2010
Blog - 30/01/2024
Holiday entitlement and pay reforms 2024: Sig...
Blog - 29/01/2024
Can you predict the future? Settling unknown ...
Blog - 03/01/2024
What’s in store for 2024 – Employment law...