Linky has a wealth of experience and advises on a full range of employment issues for established corporate clients and senior executives in both regulated and non regulated industries. She has provided strategic advice on a number of successful team moves within the communications and financial sector acting for both the poaching competitor and the individuals being approached.
Linky understands that when a business or a senior executive has an employment related issue, it frequently requires immediate and urgent attention and Linky is consistently praised by clients for her speed of response and turn around time. Her client base encompasses a broad range of industry sectors including financial services (from senior executives in substantial financial institutions to owner managed hedge funds), professional services (including legal, architectural, accounting, recruitment, consultancies), local authorities, PR and advertising, manufacturing and retail companies.
Linky has both Employment Tribunal and High Court experience and has obtained and resisted a number of High Court injunctions to enforce or resist post termination restraints and to protect confidential information. She also advises on data protection, commercial agents and the Conduct of Employment Businesses and Employment Agency issues.
- Representing a senior corporate lawyer in private practice in a claim for unfair dismissal and sex discrimination arising from her termination of employment following her return from maternity leave, securing a substantial six figure settlement.
- Advising a senior executive based in London employed by an overseas company who was for the third time in as many years passed over for promotion in favour of a national from the overseas parent company. Ultimately securing a settlement sum for just under seven figures.
- Acting for a global senior executive of a multinational bank pursuing claims for unfair dismissal and disability discrimination asserting claims for in excess of £4 million.
- Successfully representing a corporate client in the defence of a claim for sex discrimination arising from a refusal to grant a request for flexible working following maternity leave to include the successful defence of two applications to the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT).
- Advising a corporate client on day-to-day employment issues arising with a 24 hour workforce to include advice on long term ill health absences, the implementation of changes to terms and conditions across the workforce, grievance and disciplinary issues arising, working time regulations and holiday issues arising with shift and overtime workforce and all other day-to-day advisory requirements.
- Advising a number of individuals on a successful team move from their existing consultancy to a competitor, to include general strategic advice including the taking of indemnities from the prospective employer.
- Advising a sporting charity on the differences between employees, interns and volunteers to safe guard the organisation in relation to holiday, national minimum wage and possible employment related claims.
- Advising a cancer charity on the acquisition of a similar charity under the TUPE regulations to include the preparation of draft communications to staff and guidance throughout the consultation period.
+44 (0)20 7691 4022
Linky Trott will put the pitfalls and upsides to you very clearly, a trait which is highly valued by her clients. She is...
Chambers UK 2016
Charities Employment Law
Ranked as a Leading Individual in Chambers UK 2019
Recommended in The Legal 500 2019
Recognised by Best Lawyers as a leader in Employment Law
Winner of the Employment Gamechanger of the Year category at the ACQ Law Awards 2018
Winner of the UK Best in Labour Law category at the Corporate Live Wire Global Awards 2017
Employment Dispute Lawyer of the Year 2016 by Lawyer Monthly
Member of the Employment Lawyers Association
Member of The Law Society
Member of the Arab Bankers Association
Has appeared on ITV and Channel 4
A regular speaker at conferences on employment issues
Linky Trott, who is extremely efficient.
The Legal 500 2019
Linky is efficient. proactive and sensible with costs.
Chambers UK 2018
Very knowledgeable expert Linky Trott cuts through complex issues and produces fantastic results.
The Legal 500 2017
Linky Trott is unbelievably smart and amazing
The Legal 500 2016
Linky Trott will put the pitfalls and upsides to you very clearly, a trait which is highly valued by her clients. She...Chambers UK 2016
Linky Trott has an instant appreciation of any situation presented to her, and possesses a rapier sharpness in any ar...The Legal 500 2015
Linky Trott knows her stuff, speaks with confidence and is very supportive.
Chambers UK 2015
Linky Trott is very intelligent and has a pragmatic approach.
The Legal 500 2014
Linky Trott is very flexible and very speedy to respond.
Chambers UK 2014
Linky Trott has a wealth of knowledge and experience.
The Legal 500 2013
The experienced and able Linky Trott is extremely good with clients.
Chambers UK 2013
….responsive and accessible, Linky Trott is admired for her excellent commercial instincts.
Chambers UK 2012
…the ‘very talented Linky Trott is particularly good with sensitive discrimination issues
The Legal 500 2011
Linky Trott is knowledgeable and incredibly persuasive, and has a great feel for cases.
Chambers UK 2011
Blog - 13/08/2019
Can an illegal contract of employment be enforced?
Blog - 08/04/2019
Employers, take note: New Vento bands in force
Blog - 16/11/2018
Yet another blow to the gig economy?
Blog - 08/06/2018
If an employee is dismissed by letter, when is notice effectively give...
RT @EdwinCoe: We are pleased to see our new Immigration Partner, Robert Sparks featuring in today's eprivateclient news. https://t.co/aJfhM…...2 years ago
RT @UKSupremeCourt: Judgment: UNISON’s appeal v Lord Chancellor allowed. Fees Order 2013 is unlawful as it prevents access to justice https…...2 years ago