Clare joined Edwin Coe in February 2022 and is an experienced employment lawyer advising on all aspects of the employment relationship to clients in a broad range of sectors. Clare’s experience is in both contentious and non-contentious employment matters acting for both individuals and employers.
Her work for employers includes advising on the employment law implications of corporate transactions, restructurings, redundancies, and TUPE. She also provides general HR support including advice on internal procedures, drafting employment documentation and resolving employment disputes. She advises on employment status, off-payroll working and IR35 implications.
Clare’s experience also includes regulatory and compliance in the recruitment sector. Her work for recruitment sector clients includes drafting terms of business with clients, terms of engagement for temps, umbrellas and contractors; employment contracts, and commission schemes for recruitment consultants.
- Successfully acting for a respondent in the employment tribunal and employment appeal tribunal in relation to whistleblowing and discrimination claims
- Advising the board of a beauty retail business in respect of the exit of a senior employee including successfully resolving whistleblowing allegations
- Advising a number of clients in respect of off-payroll workers, employment status, status determinations and IR35 implications and drafting appropriate contractual documentation
- Advising a healthcare sector client in relation to mandatory vaccinations and appropriate processes
- Advising an entertainment sector client selling their business in respect of TUPE and its implications
+44 (0)20 3974 8162
Recommended in The Legal 500 UK 2024
The Times “Lawyer of the Week” in December 2017 for her work acting pro bono for the Claimant in the high-profile holiday pay case King v The Sash Window Workshop Limited in the EAT, Court of Appeal and the European Court of Justice.
Blog - 01/11/2023
Pronouns, deadnaming and misgendering – why...
Blog - 20/09/2023
Russell Brand and workplace sexual harassment...
Blog - 20/07/2023
Vexatious Litigants: When the Claimant is not...
Blog - 02/05/2023
Vexatious Claimants: What is a Civil Proceedi...
Clare Gilroy-Scott is excellent. She is kind, professional and on top of the law and current practice.
The Legal 500 UK 2024
Alex Bonner and Clare Gilroy-Scott are both outstandingThe Legal 500 UK 2024
lawyers in their field: very pleasant to work with, tec...
The service was extremely amazing and fantastic support and professional team. Both Clare and Elliott knew exactly wh...Client Feedback Survey 2023