Elliot joined Edwin Coe as an Associate within the Employment team in April 2017. He graduated from the University of Portsmouth in 2012, achieving a 2:1 Law degree and completed the Legal Practice Course in 2013 at the University of Law, Guildford, receiving Commendation.
Elliot completed a training contract at Tim Johnson/Law, a boutique Employment Law Firm in Temple and gained specific experience in contentious claimant work.
- Assisting on a large appeal for a Claimant bringing a whistleblowing claim against a Non-Departmental Public Body which had the potential to affect 54,000 Junior Doctors and was heard in the Court of Appeal.
- Acting for a Claimant in respect of their claims for race, religion and sex discrimination, as well as unfair dismissal, whilst also defending a claim of gross misconduct and successfully defending a strikeout application.
- Assisted in negotiating a positive settlement outcome for the Claimant prior to hearing.
- Advising a Claimant seeking to establish an employment relationship status with an end user in a tripartite working arrangement.
- Advising a Claimant in relation to bringing a religion and belief discrimination claim against the MOD regarding unfair treatment towards the end of a distinguished military career.
- Drafting a company handbook and various employment contracts for an international recruitment company
in respect of its UK employees following a number of senior departures which had resulted in important company information being taken.
+44 (0)20 7691 4091
Elliot Francis deserves special mention for his depth of understanding in the detail of the case and engagement on scena...
Legal 500 UK 2022
Member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
Elliot Francis deserves special mention for his depth of understanding in the detail of the case and engagement on sc...Legal 500 UK 2022
They were really responsive, got to know the fabric of our organisation and gave solid, timely advice.
Chambers UK 2017
The team at Edwin Coe combined well and complemented each other's talents and field of expertise.
Chambers UK 2017
Edwin Coe LLP is the complete package and one of the best for high-end claimant work.
The Legal 500 2016
Blog - 10/05/2022
Mental Health in the Workplace – Menopa...
Blog - 28/01/2022
Dismissal for refusing the Covid-19 vaccine
Blog - 14/01/2022
Mandatory Vaccines: The Modern Day Pandora’...
Blog - 12/01/2022
Does no jab mean you should receive less sick...