Edwin Coe is delighted to host a webinar on co-habitees: tax and estate planning; practical issues and solutions. Unmarried couples may “co-habit” for a wide variety of reasons and at different life stages, such as:
- Young couples “starting out”
- Divorced clients – new relationships; “blended” families
- Bereaved clients – new relationships; balancing the interests and expectations of the children and the new partner.
Using case studies, we will discuss common problems which clients could, with specialist advice, easily avoid. The webinar will cover the following topics:
- The co-habitees’ home – protecting all the interests
- UK inheritance tax – avoiding “double tax”
- UK capital gains tax – mitigation strategies
- Succession planning using Wills, trusts and letters of wishes
- Avoiding a 1975 Act claim.
Who should attend
We are offering this live webinar for anyone interested in tax and estate planning for co-habitees; whether for your own situation, your family or your clients. We will equip you with valuable practical guidance to ensure that no unnecessary tax is paid, (potential) family conflicts are minimised and as far as possible, the balance of wealth can be held and distributed to meet the overall wishes.