Katherine joined Edwin Coe in 2018 as a partner within the Property department.
Katherine advises London estates, charities, investment companies, developers and private individuals on all aspects of residential property, with a particular specialisation in leasehold reform.
Katherine is experienced in advising on complex enfranchisement issues. She has acted for both landlords and tenants on claims to acquire freeholds under the Leasehold Reform Act 1967, the expiry of long residential leases, and acquiring freehold property pursuant to leasehold reform legislation.
- Advising a rural estate on development value in respect of a flagship block of flats containing over 140 units where a collective enfranchisement claim with a value in excess of £5million was anticipated.
- Advising a high profile property developer on how to ring-fence a development in Bournemouth comprising of a hotel and luxury apartments from enfranchisement both in terms of build and title.
- Advising a charitable foundation in respect of a grade 1 listed country house in Yorkshire on how to ring-fence the development of the building into flats from enfranchisement.
- Proposing an innovative solution to a developer of a large student accommodation scheme in the West Midlands which presented particularly difficult enfranchisement issues that, owing to the requirements of the investor, were not easily overcome.
- Advising the tenant of a historic house on the Duchy of Lancaster’s Estate as to whether or not the Duchy was in breach of its Parliamentary undertaking to adopt the leasehold reform legislation by analogy and so depriving the tenant from acquiring the freehold.
- Advising an urban estate on how to protect the freehold interest of two historic houses worth in excess of £80 million by contracting out of the leasehold reform legislation.
- Advising a rural estate on enfranchisement issues with ancillary complexities relating to the statutory security of tenure.
+44(0)20 7691 4126
Housing and Rent Act legislation
Landlord and Tenant legislation
Member of the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners (ALEP)
Highly commended in the Enfranchisement & Right to Manage Awards 2015
The firm's strength is the practicality of the solicitors involved. Firstly, they are readily available. Secondly, th...Chambers High Net Worth 2018
They provide an excellent service at a reasonable price. They are very knowledgeable in landlord and tenant law.
Chambers UK 2018
The responsive, commercial and highly regarded team at Edwin Coe provides robust, sensible advice and has in-depth kn...The Legal 500 2017
I have nothing but good experiences with the firm. I can't say anything other than it has been a pleasure to work wit...Chambers UK 2017
Blog - 21/01/2019
Thinking about carrying out home improvements? Caution for owners of l...