Succession planning differs greatly between jurisdictions and we offer estate planning advice to international clients and families who have connections in multiple jurisdictions.
In this respect, trusts are hugely useful for efficient wealth and succession planning if they are properly set up and administered. They are a classic common law tool to preserve economic benefit with trustees remaining in control.
Not only do we work with a broad range of clients, including professional and individual trustees, banks and beneficiaries regarding the establishment and running of trusts in the UK, we also have a wealth of experience regarding other similar vehicles in other jurisdictions, including foundations and family companies.
We also appreciate the range of challenges that can face individuals involved in running a family business, including legal, business and personal issues. We advise on the appropriateness of Family Constitutions and assist our clients with appropriate family governance structures.
Unfortunately, sometimes families face disputes and we have experience in advising on multi-national, multi-generational and more straightforward family disagreements.
- Handling a series of ongoing trusts for a wealthy Middle Eastern family
- Planning with excluded property trusts for UK non-domiciliaries
- Advising trustees of UK trusts, including dealing with application for variation of those trusts
- Advising an international family on the establishment and ongoing administration of a significant trust involving complex UK and US tax issues
- Acting for a high net-worth-family in establishing a family governance structure, including a family company, charitable foundation and a number of family trusts
They're articulate, they give good advice, they're very caring, very efficient and they certainly know their job. ...
Chambers High Net Worth 2018