Nik specialises in construction law and dispute resolution and handles both contentious and non-contentious construction work.
He has a wealth of experience in providing strategic advice to clients involved in construction disputes. He is regularly instructed to act in adjudications for both the paying party and the payee to a construction contract and has been involved in a number of reported decisions in the adjudication arena.
Nik also acts for a number of property developers and advises on the construction aspects of property development work and is regularly instructed on high-value and complex construction projects. Nik’s broad spectrum of clients means that he has experience in drafting bespoke and standard form construction documentation for all types of transactions involving construction operations.
Nik has worked on the following cases:
- Westfields Homes Ltd v Keay HOmes (Windrush) Ltd  EWHC 3368 (Ch)
- Downs Road Development LLP v Laxmanbhai Construction (UK) Ltd  EWHC 2441 (TCC)
- Stellite Construction Ltd v Vascroft Contractors Ltd  EWHC 792 (TCC)
- Deluxe Art & Theme Ltd v Beck Interiors Ltd  EWHC 238 (TCC)
- Henia Investments Inc v Beck Interiors Ltd  EWHC 2433 (TCC)
- Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd v Condek Holdings Ltd (formerly Condek Ltd)  EWHC 2016 (TCC)
- Westfields Construction Ltd v Lewis  EWHC 376 (TCC)
- Beck Interiors Ltd v Classic Decorative Finishing Ltd  EWHC 1956 (TCC)
- Beck Interiors Ltd v UK Flooring Contractors Ltd  EWHC 1808 (TCC)
- Goel v Amega Ltd  EWHC 2454 (TCC)
- Beck Interiors Ltd v Russo  EWHC 3861 (TCC)
- Holloway v Chancery Mead Ltd  EWHC 2495 (TCC)
- Barratt Homes Ltd v Gisby Harrison (A Firm) (No.2)  EWHC 3218 (Ch)
- Barratt London Ltd v South London Family Housing Association Ltd  2 WLUK 183
+44 (0)20 7691 4131
Recommended in The Legal 500 2019
Member of The Law Society
Blog - 20/07/2021
Triple Point reversed – Accrued rights to ...
Blog - 19/01/2021
Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020:...
Blog - 06/01/2021
Lockdown 3.0: But again construction to carry...
Blog - 20/10/2020
More on enforcement after Bresco