Edwin Coe is delighted to be hosting a seminar specifically for letting agents and estate agents. We will focus on the current tax and legal issues that letting agents need to be aware of when talking to clients.
Topics to be covered include:
- Consent to lettings
- Airbnb type lettings
- Houses in Multiple Occupation
- Evicting AST tenants – procedure and execution
- The effect of the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018 and other reforms on the horizon
- Deposits – avoiding the pitfalls
- Letting agent’s fees
- Stamp duty land tax (SDLT) on purchase
- The annual tax on enveloped dwellings (ATED) charge, filings and reliefs
- The taxation of rental income (income tax/corporation tax), the non-resident landlord regime and mortgage interest relief restrictions
- Inheritance tax (IHT) exposure during ownership
- Taxation of capital gains on sale – capital gains tax (CGT)/corporation tax
Rosie McCormick Paice – Property Partner
This seminar is suitable for letting agents and their teams. This complimentary seminar qualifies for one hour of CPD.