Webinar - 10/09/2020
Webinar – The Dos and Don’ts of Redundancy during a Pandemic: an employment law perspective
Many businesses have been struggling since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, and therefore placed staff on furlough whilst the long-term impact was assessed. Four months on and some businesses are having to look at reducing costs and staffing levels as the recovery back to ‘normal’ trading looks to be slow.
Edwin Coe’s Head of Employment, Linky Trott and Employment Partner, Ruth Hickling are delighted to be guest speakers for the ICAEW and will discuss some of the key aspects of the redundancy process and new considerations and risks that businesses need to take on board to ensure they don’t leave themselves exposed to unfair dismissal claims or employee group actions.
Attend this webinar to gain a broad understanding of the redundancy process and selection criteria, and how to apply this across the employee population such as:
- When is a role redundant (temporary cessation of work) and how to identify the right redundancy pool
- Creating objective criteria
- Can you consult with those on furlough leave?
- Potential risk areas: those on sick leave, shielding, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave
- How do I minimise the risks of disgruntled redundant employees disputing
Please click on the link to book now to join the live webinar and have your questions answered. If you are unable to join us on 10 September, a recording will be available afterwards for ICAEW members.
This webinar is free to ICAEW members and also non-members.