Webinar - 09/04/2020
Webinar – Should I stay or should I go? Covid-19 disruption to the construction industry
Social distancing, factories shutting down and suppliers refusing to deliver, how should the construction industry navigate these unprecedented times? Do standard form of contracts contemplate this issue? What are the legal implications of pulling off site? What advice can we draw from the government and industry bodies?
In this free webinar, an expert panel drawn from across the industry, will discuss the following issues and aim to answer questions from the delegates:
- Is this force majeure?
- How can a contractor comply with health and safety regulations in these circumstances?
- Can a contractor or subcontractor lawfully pull of site in light of the current Government advice?
- Can a contractor terminate its employment?
- Can an Employer terminate?
- Deliveries not arriving from overseas, factories in the UK closing, suppliers shutting outlets down – is this a reason for an extension of time?
- Can costs associated be recovered?
A recording of this webinar is available here.
Justin Sullivan FRICS
CEO – Construction Industry Council
Partner and Head of Construction – Edwin Coe LLP
Global Director of the Built Environment – RICS
This webinar is suitable for construction professionals, in-house legal staff, commercial directors and other decision makers.
Edwin Coe is delighted to offer this free webinar opportunity to you. If you are available to join, please follow the link.