Edwin Coe is delighted to host a webinar on IHT and estate planning: essential information in Covid-19 and non-Covid-19 times. We will outline suggested estate planning at this very worrying and difficult time, and provide practical guidance on some common pitfalls which clients could, with specialist advice, easily avoid.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Update on the budget and new tax year 2020
- Estate planning and executing documents in Covid-19 times
- Intestacy rules – recent changes and consequences
- Testamentary freedom and claims against your clients’ estates – practical tips when testators are considering disinheriting family members from their Wills
- Top tips to successfully claim the transferable NRB and RNRB on death (focusing on HMRC practice and requirements)
- Surplus income gifting – technical and practical issues your clients need to know in order not to miss out on this valuable relief
Who should attend
We are offering this webinar to provide topical and essential updates for practitioners who are interested in IHT and estate planning. We will also equip you with valuable practical guidance on how your clients can avoid some common pitfalls, thereby ensuring more wealth is transferred to the next generation.
Alison Broadberry – Head of Private Client
Matthew Barnett – Partner, Private Client
Wendy Hall – Senior Associate, Private Client