Webinar - 22/02/2022
ICAEW webinar | Employing International Workers
We were delighted to join ICAEW for their live webinar on employing international workers where we will share with you an update on the current visa options for businesses as they source international talent.
Our Head of Employment, Linky Trott and Senior Associate, Sundeep Rathod from our Immigration team will be hosting the webinar, which will include:
- Brief overview of changes to the UK immigration system i.e. new points based system, end of free movement, end of the EU Settlement Scheme etc.
- Business Immigration/Sponsorship categories – Skilled Worker and ICT route (apply this to accountants and sponsorship of accountants).
- Brief overview of other immigration categories i.e. innovator/start-up/graduate route/temporary workers.
- The importance of Legal Right to Work checks and penalties for failing to adhere – relevant for business owners and advisers to business owners.
- Sponsor Compliance duties – what Sponsor Licence holders should be doing so they don’t end up with their licence being downgraded/suspended or revoked.
- Employment Law Compliance requirements once in the UK
- Legal advice on navigating the UK immigration system for businesses
- Quick update on EU nationals resident in the UK prior to 31 December 2020 and those arriving after 1 January 2021
- Understand your position as employers and the risks to be managed from an employment and immigration perspective
- Brief overview of the fundamental requirements for those with staff in the UK including a look at the insurance, contract, pension and policy requirements.
- Opportunity to pose questions to the experts
If you would like to view a copy of the recording, please click here.