Edwin Coe provides corporate and commercial legal advice to help businesses of all sizes develop and grow, whether organically or through mergers and acquisitions.
The corporate team is experienced in transactions of all types, including:
- Public and private mergers and acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures (including complex cross-border deals)
- Investments and shareholder arrangements
- Advising management teams and financiers on financial and investment structures and agreements
- Private Equity transactions
- Capital Markets work including, Initial Public Offerings and pre-IPO funding arrangements. We have considerable expertise in listing companies on the London Stock Exchange, AIM and AQSE Exchange (formerly NEX Exchange) markets. We also represent a number of corporate finance advisers and have worked on numerous secondary fundraisings and other capital market transactions.
Our commercial services range from dealing with standard terms and conditions of sale, to negotiating and advising on an extensive range of commercial contracts, including franchise agreements and agency/distribution agreements.
Other areas in which we provide legal advice include:
- Intellectual property law
- Management buy-outs/buy-ins
- Venture capital, debt financing and banking
- Inward investment
- Reorganisations and share capital reconstructions
- Financing and development of start-ups
- Regulatory/compliance issues
- International joint ventures
We have specific experience in the following sectors:
- IT and media
- Hotel and hospitality
- Mining and mineral resources
- Financial services and regulatory
Examples of our work
Disposals, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acting for Otis Ltd in the acquisition of a number of lift and escalator businesses in the UK.
- Advised lastminute.com on the sale of carhire broker firm Holiday Autos to CarTrawler.
- Advised Kout Food Group on the acquisition of South West Coffee Ltd.
- Advised Kout Food Group on the acquisition of Little Chef from Rcapital and others.
- Acting for Oriole Resources plc on the sale of its Turkish joint venture interest to Centerra Gold Inc. for $20 million, plus a royalty for up to a further $20 million.
- Acting for Pratt & Whitney in a $1.5 billion buy out of Rolls Royce’s interest in International Aero Engines AG.
- Acquisition of two health technology companies by a UK subsidiary of VitalHub Corporation, a TSX listed company.
- Acting for AGM Relocation Limited on the acquisition of the business and assets of Bishop’s Move Group.
- Sale of the entire issued share capital of Hospitality Worldwide Limited and the business and assets of a partnership which operated a hotel.
- Acting for Blick Rothenberg Limited on four acquisitions of accountancy practices in the UK.
- Acting for Royal Road Minerals Limited a TSX listed company on the acquisition of a portfolio of mining assets in Colombia from AngloGold Ashanti.
- Acting for Chargeurs SA on the acquisition of AH Leach & Company Limited, a company specialising in the creation of graphic displays and display structures in public areas.
- Acting for Chubb Fire & Security Limited on the acquisition of Frontline Security Solutions Limited, which supplies and maintains electronic security systems.
- Acting for Duke Street Capital and management of Sporting Index on the sale of Sporting Index Group to HG Capital for
- Acting for a subsidiary of a major multinational corporation on its £47 million purchase of a leading provider of fire protection and detection systems in the UK and overseas.
- Acting for NYSE listed Vishay Intertechnology Inc on its £22 million public takeover of PM Group plc.
IPO and Public Company Work
- Advising Green China Holdings Ltd on its admission to AIM and associated placing. Green China sells and distributes fertiliser products in China.
- Advising Rare Earths Global Ltd on its listing on AIM, together with its associated fundraising by way of placing. Rare Earths Global is a Chinese mining group focused on the extraction, separation, refinement and trading of rare earth elements.
- Advising Kada Technology Holdings Ltd on its flotation on AIM, together with its associated fundraising. Kada is the Bermudan holding company of a group which provides solutions for electronic devices, systems and media platforms in China.
- Reverse takeover of In-Deed Online Plc by Epic Group Ltd and the re-admission of the enlarged group – renamed Learning Technologies Group plc – to AIM.
- AIM IPO of Gowin New Energy Group Ltd, a Cayman Island holding company of a Chinese trading group which manufactures and sells LED lighting in China.
- Advised Allenby Capital Ltd on its role as nominated adviser and broker for Macromac’s AIM IPO.
- Acting for Oriole Resources Plc on its
admission to AIM, subscription agreement with Praetorian Resources Ltd, and placing of 10,666,667 new shares.
- Handling a number of secondary placings, including Oriole Resources Plc and Astar Minerals plc.