William Thompson is a partner in our Property department specialising in commercial real estate. William has extensive experience of the investment, corporate occupation, management, development, letting and financing of all classes of real estate and has acted on some of the highest profile and most complex real estate transactions in the UK.
William took part in Legal & General’s Northern Power-Leg: Leeds to London Cycle 2018, handing over to those who completed the full cycle to MIPIM 2018 in Cannes. He chose to raise funds for Club Peloton/Coram. For full details please click here.
William also completed the prestigious Legal & General Real Assets Cycle to MIPIM 2017, raising funds for Club Peloton/Coram. For full details please click here.
William has extensive experience:
- acting for institutional investors, funds and corporate occupiers on the acquisition, disposal and management of their real estate portfolios and has acted on over £2.5bn of real estate acquisition and disposal projects and have managed substantial portfolios for institutional investors.
- acting for landowners, developers, local authorities and joint ventures on all classes of development schemes including mixed use, city centre office and retail developments and city centre regeneration schemes with residential, commercial and hotel/leisure aspects.
- acting for lenders on the secured financing of real estate investments, residential projects and developments with particular expertise on lending within the hotel/leisure sector and distressed investment portfolio sales.
- acting for multinational corporations on all aspects of their real estate occupation, including the pre-letting development negotiations of substantial city space, management and all aspects of portfolio strategy.
William is recommended for Commercial Property within the Legal 500.
- The acquisition of a central west end portfolio of 31 properties for £421m and the subsequent refinancing of that portfolio.
- Advising global businesses on all aspects of the structuring and management of their occupied real estate portfolios.
- Advising an institutional investor on all aspects of its 80 site mixed use investment portfolio including the acquisition. forward funding and disposal of investments and all landlord and tenant management.
- The acquisition of a shopping centre in Romford for £281m and office premises in Hanover Square for £87m for an investment client.
- The acquisition of the multi-let, mixed use Seven Dials Warehouse for £55m for an investment/development client.
- Advising the City of London Corporation, a municipal landlord client, in relation to 51 lease renewals at the high-profile Smithfield Market.
- Redevelopment and re-gearing of substantial premises in Pall Mall held by an investor client under a rent sharing long leasehold interest.
- Advising lenders on an £180m facility secured against a portfolio of 61 health clubs and £100m facility secured against a portfolio of retail investment premises in New Bond Street, London.
+44 (0)20 7691 4169
The commercial William Thompson instills great confidence
Legal 500 2015
Landlord & Tenant
Sport, Media and Entertainment
Charities & non-profit
Banking and Property Finance
Recommended in The Legal 500 2019
William Thompson is invaluable.
The Legal 500 2019
William Thompson is professional and approachable.
The Legal 500 2017
They give such a high-standard and quality service and always respond promptly with tailored advice. Their advice is ...Chambers UK 2016
The excellent Edwin Coe LLP regularly handles deals with values in the £20m-£50m range.
The Legal 500 2014
Edwin Coe LLP has considerable expertise in the hotels and hospitality sector.
The Legal 500 2013
Edwin Coe has expertise in the hospitality sector, retail, high-end residential developments, and property investment...The Legal 500 2012
Blog - 21/01/2019
Thinking about carrying out home improvements? Caution for owners of l...