Stuart joined Edwin Coe in April 2018 from a global wealth management firm where he was a director providing tax, structural and financial services advice to high-net-worth individuals and trust companies for 10 years.
Stuart has over 20 years’ experience working with non-UK domiciled individuals having worked within the expatriate services team at a Big 4 firm, practicing in US tax, UK tax and cross-border issues and latterly, with an international private bank based in London.
For the past 10 years’ Stuart has been working closely with offshore corporate trust companies on a range of offshore trusts and companies to ensure efficiency, compliance and solutions to a variety of global tax and compliance challenges.
Stuart works with a variety of private clients, international banks and financial institutions, internationally mobile and non-domiciled individuals.
More recently, Stuart has been focused on numerous changes to the taxation of non-domiciled individuals, trusts and UK residential property ownership from April 2017, including:
- Advising on UK residency and the departure to Portugal of a non-domiciled individual to minimise his worldwide tax exposure
- Advised on the settlement of a non-UK trust structure in advance of the individual becoming ‘deemed domiciled’ under the pre April 2017 tax regime
- Providing advice on the sale of overseas business interests within a series of connected overseas trusts and the impact and tax implications for UK resident beneficiaries
- Advising on a variety of ‘mixed fund’ cleansing exercises for wealthy non-domiciled individuals looking to repatriate funds to the UK
- Providing advice to deemed domiciled individuals on the new rebasing rules from April 2017
- Advising on the use of Business Investment Relief for a non-UK domiciled individual claiming the remittance basis and interaction with the Enterprise Investment Scheme tax reliefs
- Advising a wealthy non-domiciled individual on his divorce to ensure mitigation of personal CGT on the divorce settlement, using his ‘non-dom’ status and the remittance basis rules.
+44(0)20 7691 4073
Chartered Tax Adviser
Member of The Association of Tax Technicians
You made the whole process so easy for us. I’d have no hesitation in recommending you.
Michael, Managing Director
A comfortable experience in uncomfortable circumstances.
Client Feedback Survey 2015
Good and reliable advice on complex UK tax matters.
Easy to talk to, and explanations of problems very helpful.
Client Feedback Survey 2014