John joined the Property & Trusts Litigation team as an associate in January 2022.
He advises clients on a broad range of commercial and residential property disputes including landlord and tenant matters, dilapidations claims, lease renewals, breaches of covenant, easement enforcement actions and possession claims.
John also advises clients in relation to contentious probate and trusts matters, including Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975 claims, testamentary capacity claims, challenges to the validity of Wills or trust deeds, property trust management disputes and under s.50 of the Administration of Estates Act.
Before qualifying as a solicitor, John spent several years working and living internationally in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. He graduated in International Relations from Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia and then obtained a masters degree in Political Science from Durham University.
Recent cases include:
– Acting for a commercial landlord negotiating new lease terms with a large national high street retailer.
– Issuing a dilapidations claim against a large national high street retailer.
– Acting for a substantial commercial property developer in various boundary, Party Wall Act and breach of covenant disputes.
– Successfully defending an Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975 claim in the High Court Family Division.
– Defending and ultimately settling a contentious probate matter relating to testamentary in the High Court.
+44(0)20 3974 8153
Member of the Law Society
Masters in Political Science