Eric is on the UK register of Trade Mark Attorneys, and is also a European Trade Mark and Design Attorney practising before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) based in Alicante, Spain. He is a Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys, and has a Higher Courts Litigation Certificate from the Intellectual Property Regulation Board, being originally accredited as one of the UK’s first specialist Trade Mark and Design Advocate Litigators by The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys.
Eric is very experienced in all aspects of trade mark and design protection and has substantial experience of internet issues dating back to 1999 when he was invited to serve on the Policy Advisory Board of the UK domain name registry Nominet, of which he was Chair between 2006 and 2010. He routinely lectures on domain name recovery.
Eric was one of the founding partners in a trade mark practice established in Lincoln’s Inn in 1978, and established Alexander Ramage Associates in 1989. He joined Edwin Coe LLP in April 2015 together with a dedicated team of trade mark professionals.
Eric was Chair of the Joint Examination Board for entry on to the registers of Patent Attorneys and Trade Mark Attorneys in the United Kingdom, and is a former member of Council of the Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys, and has been a member of Council of the European Community Trade Mark Association (ECTA) for many years. He is currently on the disciplinary panel of the Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPREG).
- Acts for a US based manufacturer of GPS based products and advises them on EU trade mark issues.
- Acted for a prominent dating agency website in a number of trade mark infringement and domain name recovery matters. These have included bringing successful actions in the Patent County Court (now the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court), to restrain infringement of registered trade mark and recovery of domain names and acting for them in various domain name registries including Nominet, ICANN and national domain name registries.
- Acted for a Dorset based manufacturer of cleaning products to enforce their trade mark rights against potential infringers and in opposition proceedings before the UK IPO and OHIM.
- Acted for a well-known manufacturers of household and toiletry items, and foodstuffs, and filed and secured acceptance for registration of some of the first three dimensional trademarks to be accepted for registration in the UK, notably a well-known lemon shaped container for lemon juice and an equally well-known decorative dispenser for fragranced air fresheners.
- Acted for a well-known manufacturer of power tools to secure registration as a European Community Trade Mark of the colour combination it used to designate its brand of power tools.
- Acted in numerous oppositions, invalidity actions and revocations both before OHIM and the UK IPO.
+44 (0)20 7691 4021
They understand our particular requirements, offer an excellent service and are very good at relationship management. ...
Chambers UK 2015
Chair of the Joint Examination Board for entry on to the registers of Patent Attorneys and Trade Mark Attorneys in the United Kingdom
A tutor on the Nottingham Law School Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Practice course where he lectures on domain name recovery and tutors trade mark search strategy
Former member of Council of the Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys, and of that body’s Litigator Accreditation Board and Litigator Conduct Committee
On the disciplinary panel of the Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPREG)
Member of Council of the European Community Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
Fellows of The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys
Spot-on in the advice they give, and they provide a definite direction for us to follow rather than sitting on the fe...Chambers UK 2015
Eric Ramage and his team have always been quick to respond with detailed, quality responses no matter what the time o...Client Feedback Survey 2015
We went there because we weren't treated as just a number on a list.
Chambers UK 2014
They have a good understanding of our needs and service them with knowledge and understanding of the issues.
Chambers UK 2014
Edwin Coe…handles a broad range of contentious and non-contentious matters.
Legal 500 2012
Events - 30/08/2018
Nick Phillips speaks for LexisNexis Webinar on Drafting IP term...
Blog - 08/08/2018
There are no trademark policemen, so develop your own strategy