Andrew joined Edwin Coe as a Corporate Tax Lawyer in February 2018.
Andrew is known for his experience as an international tax practitioner with detailed knowledge of the Russia/CIS market. He was one of the first practitioners to use trusts as a planning and asset protection tools for Russian and CIS clients. Andrew has over 33 years experience practising tax law in the City of London.
Andrew advises ultra-high-net-worth individuals from the above regions on trust and foundation structures and the business underlying such structures. He also provides corporate tax support for corporate transactions including M&A and banking, and VAT consultancy advice.
Andrew has experience of working with the following industries:
- Transportation (shipping and aircraft)
- Pharma and food distribution
- Mobile telecoms
- Oil and gas
- Advising the founder shareholders of Kazakhgold on the various corporate and personal tax issues arising on the listing of the company’s shares on the main market of the London Stock Exchange and the establishment of an offshore trust in Jersey.
- Advising the founding members of BITEL LLC (the then largest Kyrgyz mobile phone provider) on an Isle of Man based corporate and trust ownership structure.
- Advising the largest Kazakh based pharma company on a restructuring to enable the introduction of Western bank finance.
- Acting for China National Petroleum on the tax aspects of the acquisition of various target oil production companies in Syria, Russia, Kazakhstan and Africa.
- Advising Bank of Georgia on various matters prior to its IPO on the London Stock Exchange including the establishment of an employee remuneration trust in Jersey.
+44 (0)20 7691 4188
Recommended in Citywealth leaders list 2017
A comfortable experience in uncomfortable circumstances.
Client Feedback Survey 2015
Easy to talk to, and explanations of problems very helpful.
Client Feedback Survey 2014
You made the whole process so easy for us. I’d have no hesitation in recommending you.
Michael, Managing Director
Good and reliable advice on complex UK tax matters.
Events - 15/11/2018 - 22/11/2018
Tax Seminar: Structuring UK Residential and Commercial Property