Alastair joined Edwin Coe as a Consultant in September 2019.
He had previously set up his own general practice in London in 1988, serving mainly private clients and their small businesses. What had started as a general practice, covering many areas of law, quickly became quite property-centric and this change of direction accelerated after moving the office to Belgravia in 1994. Alastair merged his firm with Bircham Dyson Bell in 2015.
Over the years, many of Alastair’s clients have achieved great success in their own careers and Alastair’s role is now twofold – to liaise with his former clients and oversee their property transactions, and to take a keen interest in what they are doing in business, to see if Edwin Coe can add value. “In an odd sort of way”, he says “the wheel has turned full circle, except that I now have 200 people behind me”.
Alastair’s wide experience in those early years is proving to be of immeasurable value when it comes to seeing a much wider picture.
- Obtaining planning permission for a 3,000 square foot house in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Devon, where no building had previously existed.
- Advising on lease extensions and obtaining freehold titles, on all the major central London estates, and beyond.
- Advising on reverse engineering, to place a client in the best position to be able to take advantage of the relevant legislation for enfranchisement.
- Advising on the Right to Manage under the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 and the Tenant’s Right of First Refusal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- Advising on every aspect of the sale of farmland for development.
+44 (0)20 7691 4169
Recommended in Legal 500 UK 2024