Liability arising from defective products can be extensive and costly to manufacturers, whether dealing with third party injury claims or the costs of recalls, bad publicity and the resulting impact it has on brand image, expenditure including penalties and lost output.
Our insurance litigation team has experience in dealing with a wide variety of product liability claims and regularly acts in considering claims under product liability policy wordings in disputes over the extent of cover and the application of exclusions, bringing and defending claims, as well as pursuing insurers and/or brokers in circumstances where insurance cover has been denied.
- Multi-national food manufacturers in contamination claims or where products have not been made to their intended specification
- A large US conglomerate in relation to claims arising from faulty air conditioning units
- A leading chocolate manufacturer in respect of claims arising from the presence of abnormal lactose levels and discolouration of finished product following incorrect manufacturing temperatures
- A major furniture manufacturer in claims for personal injuries allegedly arising from the presence of a skin irritant in moisture absorbent sachets in leather sofas and armchairs
- A crisp manufacturer for loss and damage arising from the rejection by its supermarket customers of significant batches of crisps due to unpleasant odour being present on the opening of packets of crisps.
Roger Franklin is recommended for his attention to detail and sound judgement. Clients comment that he is knowledgeable,...
Chambers Directory 2015
Michael Whitton attracts praise from peers, who note - He is extremely experienced, a tough negotiator and very good at ...
Chambers Directory 2015
Events - Tuesday 25 April 2017
CILA Claimant SIG Seminar – ‘Reinstatement: A Cl...
Press Releases - 23/03/2017
Edwin Coe ranked within Chambers Global for Insurance
Press Coverage - 03/03/2017
Nicola Maher discusses the importance of business continuity...
Events - Thursday 23 February 2017
CILA Seminar – ‘Reinstatement: A Claimant SIG Pe...
Blog - 12/01/2017
Retail distribution centres and warehouses: the importance of business...
Press Coverage - 12/12/2016
Nicola Maher discusses Insurance and Insurance Brokers in th...
Press Coverage - 29/11/2016
When is ATE insurance reasonable? (Allan Coleman v Medtronic...