Liability arising from defective products can be extensive and costly to manufacturers, whether dealing with third party injury claims or the costs of recalls, bad publicity and the resulting impact it has on brand image, expenditure including penalties and lost output.
Our insurance litigation team has experience in dealing with a wide variety of product liability claims and regularly acts in considering claims under product liability policy wordings in disputes over the extent of cover and the application of exclusions, bringing and defending claims, as well as pursuing insurers and/or brokers in circumstances where insurance cover has been denied.
- Multi-national food manufacturers in contamination claims or where products have not been made to their intended specification
- A large US conglomerate in relation to claims arising from faulty air conditioning units
- A leading chocolate manufacturer in respect of claims arising from the presence of abnormal lactose levels and discolouration of finished product following incorrect manufacturing temperatures
- A major furniture manufacturer in claims for personal injuries allegedly arising from the presence of a skin irritant in moisture absorbent sachets in leather sofas and armchairs
- A crisp manufacturer for loss and damage arising from the rejection by its supermarket customers of significant batches of crisps due to unpleasant odour being present on the opening of packets of crisps.
Roger Franklin is recommended for his attention to detail and sound judgement. Clients comment that he is knowledgeable,...
Chambers Directory 2015
Michael Whitton attracts praise from peers, who note - He is extremely experienced, a tough negotiator and very good at ...
Chambers Directory 2015
Press Releases - 17/11/2017
Kate Dwyer recommended in The Legal 500 2017 for Insurance L...
Press Releases - 08/11/2017
Nicola Maher now ranked in Chambers UK Band 3 for Insurance
Press Coverage - 23/10/2017
Third parties rights against insurers: old versus new
Events - 10/10/2017 - 11/10/2017
Head of Insurance Litigation, Roger Franklin speaks at Compa...
Blog - 03/08/2017
Contemporaneous evidence and Mike Ashley: what goes down must come up
Blog - 16/06/2017
The Financial Ombudsman: Unreasonably reasonable or reasonably unreaso...
Blog - 14/06/2017
The British Airways IT Failure – Do you have Cyber Insurance?
Events - Wednesday 14 June 2017
CILA Claimant SIG Seminar – ‘Reinstatement: A Cl...