The Start-up visa category is for individuals that are entrepreneurs who wish to establish an innovative and creative business in the UK for the first time.
Individuals will need to receive an endorsement from one the Government’s list of approved endorsing bodies who must be satisfied that the business idea is innovative, viable and scalable. There are other requirements to meet which our Immigration team would be happy to advise further on.
The application process is split into two stages, stage one being that the applicant must obtain an endorsement from a Home Office approved endorsement body in relation to their business strategies and plans. Once the endorsement is received, the applicant can then apply for the visa.
Individuals granted a Start-up visa will be issued with a 2 year visa. The category does not lead to settlement/indefinite leave to remain, however, individuals may switch to the Innovator visa or another immigration category such as a Skilled Worker visa.
We provide services for businesses:
- Immigration: Overview
- Bespoke audit services in preparation for UKVI Compliance visit
- Business Visit Visas
- Global Business Mobility visa
- Innovator Visas
- Investor Visas
- Representation against downgrading/suspension/revocation of a Sponsor Licence
- Representation at UKVI Compliance visits
- Skilled Worker Visas
- Sole Representative of an Overseas Business Visa
- Sponsor Licensing for Employers
- Start-up Visas
- Temporary Worker Visas (Creative)
We provide services for individuals: