The Frontier Worker permit was introduced in December 2020 to enable EU, EEA and Swiss workers who were not primarily residing in the UK but were treated as workers or self-employed workers in the UK.
A frontier worker is a foreign national who is resident outside the United Kingdom but regularly has to travel to the UK in order to undertake work. Frontier worker permits are only available to citizens from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein.
To qualify for this visa, and individual would need to demonstrate they are not primarily resident in the UK, they are either a worker or self-employed person in the UK and the criteria was met immediately prior to 31 December 2020, and continues to meet this requirement.
If successful, Frontier Worker permits will be valid for 5 years and an individual can continue to extend their visa as long as they continue to meet the requirement. This visa category does not lead to settlement/indefinite leave to remain.
We provide services for businesses:
- Immigration: Overview
- Bespoke audit services in preparation for UKVI Compliance visit
- Business Visit Visas
- Global Business Mobility visa
- Innovator Visas
- Investor Visas
- Representation against downgrading/suspension/revocation of a Sponsor Licence
- Representation at UKVI Compliance visits
- Skilled Worker Visas
- Sole Representative of an Overseas Business Visa
- Sponsor Licensing for Employers
- Start-up Visas
- Temporary Worker Visas (Creative)
We provide services for individuals: