This visa requires an applicant to show that he/she has £2million under his/her control and that he/she is willing to invest these funds in UK Government bonds, or in stocks and shares of UK listed Companies, or in a UK Limited Company.
The advantage of this visa is that there is no requirement to have an English Language qualification; applicants can do whatever they like in the UK, they do not have to run a business and they can work. The applicant’s wife/husband would also be eligible to work if he/she wished to do so. Once the visa is approved the applicant and his/her dependents on a Tier 1 visa would be able to remain outside the UK for up to 6 months without having any impact on their eligibility to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
If an application is made under this category the applicant and his/her dependants would first be given leave to enter and remain in the UK for 3 years. Prior to the expiry of that visa they would then have to apply to extend their visa. In order to do the latter the applicant would have to maintain their investment of £2million in UK Government bonds, or in stocks and shares, or loan capital in a UK registered Company. He /she would then qualify (under current rules) for indefinite leave to remain (also referred to as permanent residence) only after having spent 5 years in the UK. Once again any application for indefinite leave should be made just prior to their visa expiring in the 5th Year.
They can subsequently apply for British Citizenship on completion of one more year after having secured indefinite leave to remain.
Accelerated Indefinite Leave to Remain for Tier 1 Investors
If the applicant is able to invest £5 million, he/she can secure indefinite leave to remain in 3 years and if he/she invests £10m he/she can secure indefinite leave to remain in 2 years.
Advantages of this Visa
- No requirement to have any knowledge of the English Language.
- Reasonably generous provisions allowing he/she to be absent from the UK up to 180 days per year.
- No minimum residence requirements for dependants.
- He/she can apply for permanent residence after 5 years.
- He/she can apply for British Citizenship on completion of the 6th year in the UK after.
- Immigration: Overview
- Appeals Against Decisions to Refuse Visas by Entry Clearance Officers or the UK Border Agency
- Applications for Indefinite Leave
- British Citizenship Advice
- Chinese Specialist Immigration Advice
- Family Settlement Visas
- High-net-worth Individuals
- How We Can Help You
- Humanitarian and Asylum applications
- Malta Golden Visa
- Next Steps
- Overseas Representative Visa
- Portugeuse Golden Visa
- Standard Visitor Visas
- Those Here in the UK Illegally
- Tier 4 Student Visas
- Tier 5 Visas
- Wider Employment Issues
Edwin Coe helped and guided me very well through the whole process and assured me in every process. You were very prompt ...
Events - 11/09/2017 - 13/09/2017
Dhruti Thakrar to attend the 2nd Cyprus International Invest...