Edwin Coe is delighted to host a briefing on IHT and estate planning: essential updates and planning opportunities. We will discuss proposed reforms and the 2020 Budget, and provide you with practical guidance on some common problems and pitfalls which clients could, with specialist advice, easily avoid. The briefing will be held on Wednesday, 18 March 2020 and we would be delighted if you could join us.
The briefing will cover the following topics:
- Update on proposed reforms and 2020 Budget
- Intestacy rules – forthcoming changes and consequences
- Testamentary freedom and claims against your clients’ estates – practical tips when testators are considering disinheriting family members from their Wills
- The opportunities available with nil rate band Will planning
- Surplus income gifting – technical and practical issues your clients need to know in order not to miss out on this valuable relief (while it is still available)
- Top tips to successfully claim the transferable NRB and RNRB on death (focusing on HMRC practice and requirements)
We are offering this briefing to provide topical and essential updates for those who are interested in IHT and estate planning. We will also equip you with valuable practical guidance on how your clients can avoid some common mistakes, thereby ensuring more wealth is transferred to the next generation.
This briefing is complimentary and qualifies for one hour of CPD.
Alison Broadberry – Head of Private Client
Matthew Barnett – Partner
Wendy Hall – Associate